Perhaps the easiest gift guide I’ve put together this year is this one–gifts for the homebody. Mostly because it’s based on what I would get someone just like me. Or what I would love to receive as a home-loving person who relates more to JOMO a lot more than FOMO and loves nothing more than a night in. Here’s what I would get that kind of person.
1. A bundle of birch logs that look so beautiful in an empty fireplace or on the front porch or leaned up against the credenza for texture and warmth. $19
2. My favorite budget frame that makes anything (everything!) look a little more high end with a small piece of my favorite art. $16
3. A wall mounted planter (love this for the kitchen) that’s perfect for adding some green to the walls. $47
4. The sweetest salt and pepper pinch bowls I’ve ever laid eyes on. $11
5. My favorite face masque for that magical night in. $38
6. The coziest sweat pants that they’ll lounge around all day in but can easily pass in the grocery store, too. $69
8. Enameled canisters to literally use anywhere. $60
9. The coziest throw to wrap up in for movie night. $98
11. A mini energy cleansing kit for their home because they’re probably into that. $28
12. A mini indoor concrete fire pit for roasting mallows tabletop all winter. $90
13. Architectural Digest at 100: A Century of Style that they’ll flip through for years to come and earmark all their favorite inspirations. $95
14. Linnea’s Lights Cashmere candle–Herbal patchouli, vanilla, lime and everything good in this one. $27
15. This rattan storage basket because they’re head over heels for the trend. $49
16. A gorgeous pair of scissors that will bring actual joy to the every day. $22
17. A Modern Christmas Memories book to start now and look back on for years and years because isn’t that what it’s all about? $26
18. The stool that looks good every where. EVERY WHERE! $78
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home