If you’ve been keeping up with our Instagram Stories over the weekend, you know that we had our home professionally organized over the weekend. It was a gift from Chris and I’m still recovering from that amazing experience–I honestly feel like I’m living a new chapter in my life! It was the most exciting thing to come home to, and even through our appliances aren’t quite in yet, we have some substitutes in place and have started using our kitchen again! The best thing about having our home organized has been seeing and rediscovering my favorite things that have been missing since we moved–including our these stunning stoneware dishes. I styled them immediately on our kitchen bookcase, that serves as a pretty pantry extension. The set from Gap Home (a collection exclusively at Walmart), is such high quality and they’re looking like art on our freshly finished shelves. I love how the deep blue color of the set really brings out the tones in our soapstone countertops. I love when dishes are just as beautiful as they are functional and I’m not complaining about the price either!
The whole Gap Home collection (see all the pieces here!) falls in line with the beauty of the plates and the price points are unbeatable. Below, I rounded up a few of my favorites from the collection, including the stoneware set and other pieces we’ve used. I always love a good windowpane curtain…
1. Upholstered Sofa $629 That wood base is so high end. And it has the best reviews!
2. Stoneware Dinnerware Set $44 These are the plates we have. I love the blue but it comes in a bunch of other colors too.
3. Windowpane Curtains $30 These are such a great dupe to our custom windowpane curtains!
4. Ottoman $179 Another staple that comes in a few different fabrics. I prefer an ottoman to a coffee table in a lounge-y family room.
5. Floor Cushion $30 We have these in the playroom and they are perfect for the girls to move around while playing and lounge on.
6. Bath Towel Set $40 A lot of people get towels for their wedding and then it seems like never again. This set would make such a great gift.
7. Upholstered Loveseat $529 This is a loveseat–so on the smaller side. But I can totally see it in a home office or a smaller living room!
8. Striped Sheets $25 There’s few things I love more than a striped sheet.
9. Pinstripe Yellow Sheets $30 I have these in Faye’s room and they look so old-fashioned sweet in the best way.
10. Floor Pouf $40 In the perfect light denim color.
11. Cotton Comforter Set $45 This comes in a bunch of colors and has the most delicate stitching through it that makes it look way more high end than it is.
12. Stoneware Mugs $17 I LOVE these stackable mugs. Classic white is my go-to and why don’t all mugs stack like this!?
13. Upholstered Wood Bed $169 I had to triple check the price on this because HOW!? It’s beautiful and platform style, so no box spring needed.
14. Olive Striped Sheets $35 I guess I had to slip one more classic striped sheet in this round up in my favorite color.
15. Frayed Throw Pillow $20 The fray on this pillow keeps it fresh and the perfect deep denim color feels so classic.
16. Organic Cotton Curtains $28 I got a set of these and they are so great! They fall really beautifully.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home