The other day I asked Chris what he wants for Father’s Day and he told me he wants a day where he can just do whatever he wants without his nagging inner voice telling him he should be doing something more productive. We’re talking eating all the food guilt-free, sleeping in!, spending some time on the golf-course, and playing all the VR games. Well we’re going to do as much of that as we can (because everybody deserves a TREAT day like that), but I always love to spoil Chris and our Dads with some tangible gifts, too! Here’s year there’s so many good ones to choose from!
1. RSO1 Sneaker in Olive $175 – Chris has these sneakers and he loves them! So casual and incredibly comfortable and machine washable! Plus an eco-conscious choice!
2. Ticket Stub Diary $14 – Our thing is concerts, movies, comedy shows and tours of all time (we saw a Alton Brown’s traveling cooking show a few years ago!) And I love this sentimental book to keep all of our ticket stubs!
3. Apple Watch Bands $9 – Comfortable and durable bands for his watch he can’t live without.
4. The IceFlow Flip Straw Jug $50 – The Stanley jug that’s 100% worth all the hype so he can crush that water challenge every day.
5. Dad Hat $9 – A simple staple for every dad wardrobe.
6. Bungalow Sunglasses $69 – Every guy looks good in these! The shape is so flattering and cool guy.
7. Bocce Ball Set $74 – One of our favorite lawn games to play with friends all summer!
8. TAFT Rome Boot $275 – Chris COLLECTS Taft shoes because the quality is 👌🏼 These are his favorite pair of boots. They go with everything!
9. Nate Bargatze Tickets – Our all time fav comedian is back on tour this year and we might already have tickets to his NC SHOW!
10. Best Dad Ever Card $5 – So you can tell him exactly how much he means to you.
11. Ooni Outdoor Pizza Oven $545 – THE pizza oven that everyone is talking about, that he can’t wait to show off to all of his brothers.
12. P. F. Candle Co. Car Fragrance $8 – The perfect way to graduate from the tree scents in his car.
13. Charger & Accessory Tray $122 – So he can charge is phone and have a place to put his change stylishly on his nightstand.
14. Portable Disc Golf $44 – A man can dream.
15. Oculus Quest 2 Virtual Reality $299 – I promise you the dad in your life will love you forever if you gift this. We have so much fun with VR and have recommended this exact set to 2 friends who also went on to love it.
16. Lumin Beard Oil $18 – So he can keep that beautiful beard hydrated (and less scratchy!)
17. Swim Shorts $29 – Classic trunks for your classy guy.
18. You’re Dad Book $19 – A great gift from the kids.
19. YETI Roadie Cooler $199 – I think a yeti cooler is what every dad needs and deserves.
20. Relaxed Fit T-shirt $12 – Because all he wants to wear is t-shirts and this one is in your favorite color.
Want more TOTALLY DIFFERENT gift ideas?! Check out our father’s day gift guide from 2020 (featuring all of Chris’s favorite things) right here and more Gifts for Guys here!
Thank you for the guide. This was a true help during fathers day!
I never know what to get my husband or my dad when it comes to gifts. I always ask and they always give me the same response back “Idk” 😐 thank you for this gift guide. I will check these items out and hopefully they like them. Thanks for sharing!
Just bought my husband and my 13th wedding anniversary date night tickets to Nate – discovered through you, one of your stories mentioned him once and we’ve been hooked! We’re so excited for this show! Also bought the car air freshener, and about to go back and buy him the swim shorts from H&M. Thanks for these amazing suggestions 🙌🏼
Julia/Chris: You always have such wonderful ideas, thank you for sharing them! Last Father’s Day we gave my husband the Wohven t-shirt monthly subscription — he loves them and we always love to see what design arrives in the mail each month! This year I have conspired with my mother to surprise my father for Father’s Day. As of last week, everyone is now vaccinated so we’re making the 12-hour road trip to surprise him. We haven’t seen each other in person since Christmas 2019. This might, selfishly, be a gift for me disguised as a Father’s Day present. :)
You saved Father’s Day! My husband has recently gotten into disc golf but I had no idea you could buy the “hole” to practice with. I think he’s going to be thrilled!
We got that exact disc golf set for our son’s birthday last year. We love it!
It’s a fun way to introduce the kids to something my husband and I used to play before kids.
Years ago, my sister and I got Dad Chinese cooking lessons . There were others in the series we were going to slowly gift him over the next couple years, but he liked so much,he signed himself up and took the rest. I did take one of the classes with him. They were local to Seattle.
What a lovely compilation of great gifts for dad!
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
We recently painted our study a dark, moody green color. This is after we first painted it a muddy green, then repainted it a blue-gray. I guess what they say is true; third time’s a charm! The journey was worth it, though, because I’m so in love with this glossy green in contrast with the […]
We've been doing this since 2009 and we've posted a whopping 24145+ blog posts and counting. You might need a little help searching, huh?
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Welcome to our online community where we've posted home, DIY, style, renovations, and family since '09. Renovating our #cljmoderncottage in Idaho and headed for new adventures in Raleigh, NC. #cljfam #cljtransformations
Make yourself right at home
What do you think?