Do you ever try looking back over your past year and feel like you haven’t done anything? I’ve been feeling that way here and there, focusing on the things we haven’t yet started/finished and feeling behind. But in preparations for this year’s video tour (embedded below), Jules and I watched the tour from last year. And the one from when we moved in (!?!). Sometimes I think all of our accomplishments from the past blur together and we forget to give ourselves a little credit. Because this year – wow, what a year its been for our home. Lots of little details all around the house that have really brought it a long way in feeling “finished” (though it’s not quite). We had our favorite videographer, Jordan Borrowman of Spectra Films, run through our home in the same format as last year. We love the comparison of the two side by side, and can’t believe how much progress has been made. Take a look!
Things to note:
• While we’ve come a long way, our home is still in-progess. So when you see our not-so-great master bath or the occasional missing doorknob, bear with us. We love the unfinished nature of these videos, so we can look back on them later and say, “Whoa…”
• Our home has a lot of natural light, and during the day our lights are usually off. But for video tours, we turn them all on to make everything look just a little more home-y.
• We still have some progress posts to share about the girls’ bathroom downstairs, but I hope you enjoyed the little peek into the finished space (that’s right – it’s finally done!).
• Day-to-day, I wouldn’t call our home “messy” – more “lived in.” We rarely feel reservations about people dropping by due to the lived in look, but for this video tour, we cleaned for 2 days straight.
• Because of Jules’ pregnancy and so many other projects, we’ve literally only had 2 get-togethers out on our deck all summer. Cleaning weeks and weeks of neglect off of an outdoor space is a task, let me tell you. Thank Heavens for furniture with washable cushion covers and for weather-proof pillows.
• While we planned for the final shot to end on us playing in our new outdoor space, what wasn’t planned was Charly. She always picks a spot to lay down where she can see all of us, no matter where we are. Because she’s the world’s greatest dog.