Title: Ep 21: Life is a Mixing of All Kinds of Things – Blending Styles In Your Home
Show Notes: In this episode, Chris and Julia celebrate one year in their new kitchen by revisiting some of the things they love most about it, as well as sharing a few recent additions they’ve completed. They also talk about blending styles and give some advice on how to make that work in your home, and how to choose which styles you should/could blend.
Other items mentioned:
The Flavor Bible
Visit Blinds.com today and receive 20% off your entire order with the code CLJPODCAST – Offer ends 9-30-16
Please leave a rating and review for the podcast!
Theme song Headphones by Preston Pugmire
How to Listen (iPhone):
1. Tap the podcast app on your phone. The icon for it looks like this:
2. Search for “Chris Loves Julia” in the search bar and tap on the podcast title, which is “The Chris Loves Julia Podcast w/Preston Pugmire”
3. On the search results page the top section will list Podcast Episodes. Ignore that for now – first tap on the larger thumbnail (image) under the “Podcasts” section.
4. Once you’re on the podcast page, the first thing you want to do is tap the “Subscribe” button. There’s no cost to subscribe, and this way you’ll receive a notification each week when a new episode goes live.
5. Listen to an episode by first tapping the cloud icon to the right, allowing it to download, then tapping the episode to begin playing.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home