Title: Ep 13: Shea McGee of Studio McGee: The Sun is Gone, But I Have a Light
Guests: Shea McGee from Studio McGee
Hot Topic: Energy efficient bulbs
Show Notes: Lighting fixtures are as varied as any other product for your home, but once you’ve found that perfect fixture, how do you make sure it will give off the light you want for your space? Sometimes you want it to feel warm, other times you need to highlight a specific task or piece of artwork. How do you go about planning the lighting for your home, or make updates to maximize what’s already in place?
In this episode we talk all about the mysterious side of lighting. What is the Kelvin scale, how does that relate to lumens and what are my options for achieving warm, energy-efficient light? We also visit with Shea McGee, from Studio McGee, who shares super helpful tips for planning your own lighting, maximizing the limits of your own spaces, what every room needs, and where she gets her inspiration from.
Studio McGee Webisodes mentioned:
Please leave a rating and review for the podcast!
Theme song Headphones by Preston Pugmire
How to Listen (iPhone):
1. Tap the podcast app on your phone. The icon for it looks like this:
2. Search for “Chris Loves Julia” in the search bar and tap on the podcast title, which is “The Chris Loves Julia Podcast w/Preston Pugmire”
3. On the search results page the top section will list Podcast Episodes. Ignore that for now – first tap on the larger thumbnail (image) under the “Podcasts” section.
4. Once you’re on the podcast page, the first thing you want to do is tap the “Subscribe” button. There’s no cost to subscribe, and this way you’ll receive a notification each week when a new episode goes live.
5. Listen to an episode by first tapping the cloud icon to the right, allowing it to download, then tapping the episode to begin playing.