Most of you know by now that Chris does all the cooking around here. It’s a real passion of his and his wish lists are always made up of almost exclusively cooking equipment that he’s been eyeing. So we worked on this gift guide together to bring you all the best things to get the people that love to cook or entertain and partnered with Gift Card Mall for Williams-Sonoma, too, since I always end up tucking a Williams-Sonoma gift card in Chris’s stocking so he can get himself a little something extra–it’s the easiest, most well-received gift every year.
Besides that, we really recommend:
1. A Wellness Mat so their marathon cooking sessions are a little more comfortable. This therapeutic mat cradles your feet with an amazingly cushioned layer of support, suspending your body weight and reducing stress and fatigue–perfect for home cooks. $139
2. No longer available. Here is a another Cheese slicer with board. We’ve had one of these for the past 8 years and can’t imagine cheese without it. $55
3. Copper Utensils so that every time they cook, it feels like a special occasion. On sale for $24!
4. An olive wood salt keeper–monogrammed for bonus points! On sale for $34!
5. A Whistling Tea Kettle with perfect pitch. (It’s on my wish list). $99
6. French Porcelain Oil Container that will keeping their olive oil protected from sunlight and just a reach away on the countertop. $49
7. Chris’s favorite pepper mill that allows you to adjust the grind with 6 settings and comes in 5 different sizes–he recommends the 12″. $64
8. Set of 4 Heirloom Olive wood wooden spoons that they’ll season all their lives and then pass down to their children–like grandma did. $63
9. Wusthof Classic Chef’s knife–start with the 8 inch. $149
10. Granite Mortar & Pestle, perfect for grinding garlic, whole spices and fresh herbs and in making pesto, curry pastes and other sauces. $54
11. Copper pasta machine, to bring all new meaning to “Spaghetti Sunday.” $99
12. Similar! Plaid kitchen towels that are super absorbent and will look just as good hanging over the sink as it will slung over their shoulder. $24
13. Shun 300/1,000-Grit Combination Whetstone so their knives will always be as sharp as an Iron Chef. $79
14. The ultimate spatula set that is durable, heat resistant, hygienic and real pretty, too. $36
15. A pizza peel because they make the most legit pizza…or want to. $44
16. The best platters for showing off all of their culinary creations. It comes in 3 sizes, is completely classic, sturdy and has handles for easy serving. $16
17. A Smoking Gun so they can effortlessly infuse foods and drinks with natural smoky flavors such as applewood or hickory without the extra heat. $99
18. The most essential stainless-steel pan, that will quickly become the only one they reach for. $179
And, if you still aren’t sure, a gift card to Williams-Sonoma tucked in their stocking. You’re golden.
You can purchase William Sonoma gift cards from Ahold, Giant Eagle, Vons, Safeway, Shaw’s, Acme, Kroger, Hy-Vee, Food Lion, Alberton’s and Hanford. Thanks to Gift Card Mall for sponsoring this post and allowing us to provide these giftervention ideas.
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Almost daily I get asked what I would call my home style. I don’t like to box myself in, but I definitely lean Modern Traditional with an emphasis on comfort when it comes to our home. This especially came up when I shared our Powder Bath Reveal on the blog. I think it changes slightly […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home