We have more gift guides for you today! Starting with these stocking ideas and later today, we’ll be sharing gifts for the home cook. Growing up, our stockings usually consisted of an orange in the toe, candy and some fruity shampoo–a luxury to have your own shampoo for a little while in a family of five girls. But since marrying Chris, the stocking game has changed a bit. There are actual bonus presents in there! One year, Chris got me 30 different kinds of chapsticks. Every kind imaginable. They filled my entire stocking and it was one of the best gifts he could have given me. Not only am I always losing my lip balm, but I got to try every kind under the sun.
However, for us, we keep stocking gifts small enough to fit in the stocking (obviously) and inexpensive, too. All are under $30, but most are under $10. So here are 31 stocking stuffer ideas for everyone in the family (we mixed them all together since many of them could work for a variety of people) that meet those requirements:
1. Mobile Lens Kit so they can up their smartphone camera game. Includes fisheye, wide angle and macro lenses, that work in front-facing camera mode, too. On sale for $16!
2. The sweetest barrettes. $8
3. A Really Big Windup bug. They’re really big. They windup. And they’re bugs. And fun. $4
4. A cool camera strap for their DSLR. $7
5. Trolls Pez Dispensers. The it candy for the it movie (these are selling out all over so grab them while you can.) $7
6. LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, perfect for the outdoorsman! $17
7. Twenty no-crease hair ties that will extend her hair life and are so cute, too. $7
8. Gourmet sea salts, with the best reviews. Set of 6. $21
9. Game of Phones. Hilarious and fun for so many ages. $20
10. The perfect premium tea infuser with over 1400 reviews! $9
11. No longer sold. Similar! Key Folding Knife. The most discreet pocket knife that folds into the shape of a key–so they can stop using their actual keys to open things. $8
12. MagnoGrip Magnetic Wristband. Embedded with super strong magnets for holding screws, scissors, and small tools–like an extra hand! $17
13.No longer sold. But check out these fun straws! $5
14. A satin pillowcase. To keep their skin youthful and hair smooth. $19
15. Sriracha 2 go. Because no one should be without Sriracha. No one! $10
16. A high-rated, fully adjustable jump rope. For fitness or fun. $9
17. Flip book kit to create their very own mini movies. $12
18. Shark hand puppet. ‘nough said. $6
19. Moleskine journal (set of 3). Pocket-sized so they can doodle, write or think up their next great idea on the go. $8
20. A smart plug, that connects to your WiFi so that they can turn off anything in your home from your phone. $16
21. Sweaters for mugs. Squeal inducing. $16
22. Plaid pom pom beanie for him or her. $17
23. Ten color pen…and all the nostalgia. $4
24. Zero-Gravity Fridge Rover. $3
25. Coconut Balm. The skin salve (for everywhere!) that’s at the top of everyone’s list. $12
26. Similar. For the comic fan. $7
27. No longer available. Diet Coke Dash Button so they can order their elixir with the touch of the button.
28. Glow in the dark stars. Forever and always. $8
29. Professional Water Resistant Heavy Duty Steel Nose Trimmer with LED light. And if that wasn’t enough, it has over 4000 glowing reviews. $17
30. No longer sold. Similar! The softest, sweetest kitty socks. $11
31. Invisible Ink to make all their wildest dreams come true. $2
See the rest of the 2016 gift guide right here!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home