Whether you’re trying to think of a gift for your BFF or partner or sister who’d rather buy a pillow than a shirt (any day!!), or you’re headed to a party and don’t want to go empty handed, this list is perfect, with prices ranging from under $15 and up!
1. A marble fruit bowl she’d never buy herself, but would drool over it on her counters every day there after. $49
2. A homesick scented candle hailing from any of the 50 states (or a few popular cities, too!) that will help their new home smell just just like the home they grew up in. $29
3. Cabin Porn, the best selling coffee table book that is filled to the brim with the coziest getaways–to match their instagram feed. $23
4. A footed acacia tray to make their countertops look cute and less cluttered. $48
5. A SMEG toaster, because something that is going to sit on their counter 24/7 should look as good as the rest of the house. (Ps. This is still my favorite appliance purchase to date.) $159
6. Not available. Similar! A set of stripey napkins that will go with everything, are a classic staple and will fancy up their dinner parties. $7
7. Not available. Similar! A zinc house ornament that they’ll write the year on the bottom of for their memory tree. (Our friends got us one this year and it’s beautiful!) $16
8. A framed Morse code: Everyday I Love You sign that’s minimal, thoughtful and will look amazing above your bed. $186
9. Chalkboard cheese markers, that they’ll use for all of their spreads–not just cheese. $12
10. Murchison-Hume hand cream & soap set (with that chic tray included!) that has a cult following. They’ll likely move it around from guest bathroom to kitchen. $52
11. A home tissue box cover because even the tissue deserve to look good in their house. On sale for $5!
12. A Home Sweet Home linen banner that says it all. $64
13. A magnifying glass that’s just pretty to look at, and set a top a stack of books and is very instagram worthy. $45
14. That faux fig tree that’s so realistic because she’s already killed about 3 live ones. (this 5 ft, less expensive one, is also very good!) $179
15. Tom Ford–the coffee table book to end all coffee table books. It chronicles not only Ford’s clothing and accessories designs for both houses, but also explores Ford’s grand vision for the complete design of a brand, including architecture, store design, and advertising. $81
16. “Please Ring” doorbell button–squeeeee!!!! On sale for $17!
PS. More Gifts for Home Lovers and the rest of the 2017 Gift Guide!
Awesome ideas for holiday gifts, these could also be ideal gifts to take for a house –warming party. The marble fruit bowl is so elegant, yet so usable. I would personally prefer the magnifying glass or the faux fig tree, both very viable options on a study table.
I love the doorbell! We have work to do on both entryways, and it would be the perfect addition to both since our doorbell buttons are broken.
I strongly recommend watching the episode of The Profit featuring Murchison-Hume before purchasing the Hand Cream & Soap Set. Murchison-Hume is a company I would not choose to support.
Is this the doorbell you mentioned in your podcast? I’ve never ogled a doorbell before, but that one is beautiful!
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
We recently painted our study a dark, moody green color. This is after we first painted it a muddy green, then repainted it a blue-gray. I guess what they say is true; third time’s a charm! The journey was worth it, though, because I’m so in love with this glossy green in contrast with the […]
We've been doing this since 2009 and we've posted a whopping 24145+ blog posts and counting. You might need a little help searching, huh?
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Welcome to our online community where we've posted home, DIY, style, renovations, and family since '09. Renovating our #cljmoderncottage in Idaho and headed for new adventures in Raleigh, NC. #cljfam #cljtransformations
Make yourself right at home
What do you think?