Whether you’re trying to think of a gift for your BFF or partner or sister who’d rather buy a pillow than a shirt (any day!!), or you’re headed to a party and don’t want to go empty handed, this list is perfect, with prices ranging from under $15 and up!
1. A marble fruit bowl she’d never buy herself, but would drool over it on her counters every day there after. $49
2. A homesick scented candle hailing from any of the 50 states (or a few popular cities, too!) that will help their new home smell just just like the home they grew up in. $29
3. Cabin Porn, the best selling coffee table book that is filled to the brim with the coziest getaways–to match their instagram feed. $23
4. A footed acacia tray to make their countertops look cute and less cluttered. $48
5. A SMEG toaster, because something that is going to sit on their counter 24/7 should look as good as the rest of the house. (Ps. This is still my favorite appliance purchase to date.) $159
6. Not available. Similar! A set of stripey napkins that will go with everything, are a classic staple and will fancy up their dinner parties. $7
7. Not available. Similar! A zinc house ornament that they’ll write the year on the bottom of for their memory tree. (Our friends got us one this year and it’s beautiful!) $16
8. A framed Morse code: Everyday I Love You sign that’s minimal, thoughtful and will look amazing above your bed. $186
9. Chalkboard cheese markers, that they’ll use for all of their spreads–not just cheese. $12
10. Murchison-Hume hand cream & soap set (with that chic tray included!) that has a cult following. They’ll likely move it around from guest bathroom to kitchen. $52
11. A home tissue box cover because even the tissue deserve to look good in their house. On sale for $5!
12. A Home Sweet Home linen banner that says it all. $64
13. A magnifying glass that’s just pretty to look at, and set a top a stack of books and is very instagram worthy. $45
15. Tom Ford–the coffee table book to end all coffee table books. It chronicles not only Ford’s clothing and accessories designs for both houses, but also explores Ford’s grand vision for the complete design of a brand, including architecture, store design, and advertising. $81
16. “Please Ring” doorbell button–squeeeee!!!! On sale for $17!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Over the weekend Brooke (our social media manager) and I went to the Parade of Homes in the Raleigh area and it was so fun to get a feel of how other people in our new area are living and living large! The purpose of the parade is so that home builders and designers can […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home