1. A well-built tandem sled with waterproof cushions, because they just don’t make them like they used to. $249
2. Plus-Plus bricks that will keep their tiny hands busy building for hours (I know first hand). $19
3. MiP, the toy robot, who has an inquisitive and responsive personality, navigates his surroundings, follow hand gestures, and even follow objects around. Plus, connects to smart devices! Probably won’t do their homework though. $87
4. A real chef’s knife designed for kids (with a finger guard and all!) because they love helping you in the kitchen. $39
5. All the gel pens they can handle, since they used yours until they were empty. $18
6. A Puppet Show Theater, they can set up in any doorway, to let their imaginations run wild. $39
7. …and a few puppets to get them started. $13 each.
8. Classic Play-Doh set with all the texture tools and ideas mat that throws it all the way back to 1956. $39
9. No longer available. Similar! A wall mounted hoop for their room (monogram optional) so they can play HORSE and lightening from their bed like all the cool kids. On sale for $28!
10. 26 Solid Wood pieces to decorate an entire Snowman Family, they’ll want to break out right after Christmas breakfast. $34
11. Saggo, the Worry Eater, so they can write or draw their worries and place them in the Worry Eater’s mouth, and he can hold onto them so they don’t have to. $22
12. 365 Questions over three years. A place for parents and children to share the evolution of thoughts, feelings, and dreams over the years. Or a journal for kids who want to keep a time capsule of their own ideas about the world – whimsicial or serious. $11
13. A toy chest, hope chest or dress up chest (we’re using it for the latter!) to stash all their stuff in a place that’s all their own. (And looks good, too.) $2349
14. No longer available. But this pack of 3 is only $23, since they love to dress up every day and of course you’re absolutely a superhero.
15. The Princess Bride, since 30 years ago a grandpa read it to his grandson on a sick day. Every other kid should have the opportunity, too. $42
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home