We’re nearly two months in and instead of waiting for the end of the year, we thought it would be good to evaluate ourselves more frequently. Remember when you were 9 and your goals were grow your hair out, stop biting your nails and brush your teeth every day? Just me? Those were easy to forget about until December 31st and then just check them off and feel accomplished. Now? I can already tell this is gonna be messy.
|A+ for brushing our teeth, babe.|
(You can see the breakdown and explanation of our goals here.)
1. Family Dinner. I give us an F on this right now. We have tried a couple times and failed or got sick of eating while the babe is crying. Greta is just so cranky come 6pm and she is READY for bed. Chris works out 3 times a week. Those nights, he puts Greta to bed and then does the elliptical and THEN we eat, because eating and then “ellipticizing” would not be fun. We have accepted the fact that this may be a year-long process before Greta’s bedtime gets pushed back a smidgen and is more apt to eating whatever we give her AND I get better at cooking (I do cook some nights) and we are all eating together. Maybe make that an F- right now.
2. Family Home Evening. We are about 60% on this right now. Eeks. Does that mean a D? I feel like that means like a C. Considering where we were. We have had some fun lessons. Greta always smiles when we pull out a picture of Jesus and then she wants to hold it and we get all tense like, “ahhh please don’t crinkle it to bits!” We have family time every night, but getting a song in (or three because they are Greta’s fav) and a little lesson is a bit challenging. I think this, too, has to do with Greta’s bedtime. But we’re working on forming habits here. Promise.
3. Baby number 2. ……kep. Moving on. Hah!
4. Money makeover. We are moving on this actually. I’ll give us a B- because there is definitely room for improvement…and less going out to eat. We did pay off our Best Buy credit card last week which feels really good!!! Student loans are always looming, but they will be gone soon enough. Can’t. Wait! To be out of debt.
5. Teach Greta to do laundry. D-. She does help me take the clothes out of the washer…
We got work to do for sure. February is almost over (whoa!) and I have never personally had a bad report card. So, you can expect all A’s by the end of the year. :) How are you measuring up to your goals?