February flashed before my eyes. We were in San Diego, Kohler, Wisconsin, Scottsdale, Arizona. We tackled so many projects and flushed out designs, made progress on our home and celebrated Greta’s birthday. There were ups and downs and missteps and successes and the days passed. No, they flew by! A little too fast for my liking. March, feel free to go slower. I’m so grateful our Monthly recap videos are back! Here’s a happy look into our February:
Other highlights this month:
• The jeans I shared that you loved as much as I did.
• What I thought would make me productive vs. what actually does.
• This one step blowout brush + dryer is my FAVORITE purchase this YEAR!!!! I’ve been hearing a lot of hype around a few of them and I went for a middle to low end one and couldn’t be happier.
• Our new hallway lights were the most swiped up on link this MONTH!! Theres generally not a lot of real estate in a hallway so I loved finding a light to add some personality. They completely elevated the whole vibe–LOVE THEM.
• The two most popular posts this month were this one about how to start loving your home right now and this post from Andrea about Interior photography.
• Dreaming of this “living island” for our kitchen.
• Chris surprised me with this ring for Valentine’s day (I almost fainted!) and I got him…glass mixing bowls. At first I was feeling sheepish, but then he reminded me how both gifts represented a listening ear. And he’s right. I had asked for a dainty ring with diamonds all the way around MONTHS ago because I’m always spinning my wedding ring to ensure the diamonds are in front and he had mentioned wanting glass mixing bowls last month. So I guess we both won (although I REALLY feel so spoiled).
• Kitchen styling–watching, learning, (seriously great follow) want to do some videos like this on our channels, too!
March is a really big month for us. We have a video shoot in our dining room in 2 WEEKS! (EEEEEEeee), construction should wrap up. The weather SHOULD warm up and we SHOULD be taking a family vacation at the end of the month as long as no borders close due to this virus.
Could you please send link to your valentines Eternity band? The link in the original post is broken. Thank you for all you do!!!
Love the video! But am I the only one who didn’t know about the text size slider option in IG? Somehow have missed it for the last ….years. You also taught me about the color selecting recently (I knew about the dropper to match, but didn’t know about allll the color options). Would y’all ever be willing to share your most used Instagram tricks? I guess it’s hard to know what everyone already knows, but you blew my mind twice in the last week and I feel like you know lots more :)
The main thing I got from your video is your wardrobe ???? seriously I want everything in your closet
That living island!! Beautiful!!
And loved that styling video. i would definitely be interested in seeing you in action. Never got into the cleaning videos but this I could be in to :)
Love the monthly recap!! So well done! Love all the behind the scenes shots- thanks for sharing!
I’d love to know the source for the bed/headboard that your daughters are jumping on at 2:23 in the video. Thanks!
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
We recently painted our study a dark, moody green color. This is after we first painted it a muddy green, then repainted it a blue-gray. I guess what they say is true; third time’s a charm! The journey was worth it, though, because I’m so in love with this glossy green in contrast with the […]
We've been doing this since 2009 and we've posted a whopping 24145+ blog posts and counting. You might need a little help searching, huh?
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Welcome to our online community where we've posted home, DIY, style, renovations, and family since '09. Renovating our #cljmoderncottage in Idaho and headed for new adventures in Raleigh, NC. #cljfam #cljtransformations
Make yourself right at home
What do you think?