February flashed before my eyes. We were in San Diego, Kohler, Wisconsin, Scottsdale, Arizona. We tackled so many projects and flushed out designs, made progress on our home and celebrated Greta’s birthday. There were ups and downs and missteps and successes and the days passed. No, they flew by! A little too fast for my liking. March, feel free to go slower. I’m so grateful our Monthly recap videos are back! Here’s a happy look into our February:
Other highlights this month:
• The jeans I shared that you loved as much as I did.
• This one step blowout brush + dryer is my FAVORITE purchase this YEAR!!!! I’ve been hearing a lot of hype around a few of them and I went for a middle to low end one and couldn’t be happier.
• Our new hallway lights were the most swiped up on link this MONTH!! Theres generally not a lot of real estate in a hallway so I loved finding a light to add some personality. They completely elevated the whole vibe–LOVE THEM.
• The two most popular posts this month were this one about how to start loving your home right now and this post from Andrea about Interior photography.
• Dreaming of this “living island” for our kitchen.
• Chris surprised me with this ring for Valentine’s day (I almost fainted!) and I got him…glass mixing bowls. At first I was feeling sheepish, but then he reminded me how both gifts represented a listening ear. And he’s right. I had asked for a dainty ring with diamonds all the way around MONTHS ago because I’m always spinning my wedding ring to ensure the diamonds are in front and he had mentioned wanting glass mixing bowls last month. So I guess we both won (although I REALLY feel so spoiled).
• Kitchen styling–watching, learning, (seriously great follow) want to do some videos like this on our channels, too!
March is a really big month for us. We have a video shoot in our dining room in 2 WEEKS! (EEEEEEeee), construction should wrap up. The weather SHOULD warm up and we SHOULD be taking a family vacation at the end of the month as long as no borders close due to this virus.
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Over the weekend Brooke (our social media manager) and I went to the Parade of Homes in the Raleigh area and it was so fun to get a feel of how other people in our new area are living and living large! The purpose of the parade is so that home builders and designers can […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home