This week we worked on painting our laundry cabinet, cleaning up the entry (the office/entry reconfiguration is 99% done!) and moved a few pieces of furniture around and placed a couple things that were ordered back in November. You can see the full list of things we’ll be working on before moving right here. While sharing, we got a lot of questions about why we would keep working on projects when we’re moving? You don’t need to do this much! Your house is going to sell without doing this! Is this just for content?
We aren’t closing on our new house until May and we aren’t moving until June (and it’s still March!), so don’t check out of this house just yet! There are a few things that we want to finish up here because it’s just not in my nature to turn something I’ve invested so much in (time, energy, love and money) to someone else in an unfinished state, you know? The truth is this house is unfinished and there are things that will remain unfinished, but I want to keep making it the best it can be every day for as long as we live here.
I think the content angle is important to address, too. Because yes! A huge part of our job is working on our home and sharing that process. But we had a huge brainstorming session this week and came up with over 100 ideas that don’t require projects on our house that will serve us well during the transition time after our house sells and before we move into our new home.
We will be privately selling this house in April, but will absolutely do a final video tour before we move (and maybe a big yard sale too!), but until then, there’s a few more projects left on our list and after that, I’m going to keep pouring love into where we live for however long we get to live here.
Other fun things this week
• This pretty little vignette in our entry makes me smile.
• Wise words from John Mayer that I’m just replaying on loop.
• My new favorite half-zip is only $20 (I got the “blush pink” in med)
• Signs of burnout (check check check crap crap crap)
• The best Easter ham recipe! (we make it every year!)
• It’s open enrollment for our Good Influence(r) program! If you are someone that has wanted to grow your audience, work with your dream brands or have a positive impact–you can learn more about it and enroll here!
• We played this game with a few friends and it was SO FUN!!!
• Spring means wearing sneakers every day!! I rounded up a few of my favorites right here!