See all the playroom sources here.
Chris and I are flying to Raleigh as you read this (well, if you’re reading this on Friday morning-afternoon)! We close on our new house in May and we are meeting with a contractor to go over just a couple of projects we’d like to have done before moving in at the end of June. It’s the first time we’re going to see our new house with the eyes of “this is our house!” so we’re so excited to see it again. We made the decision to put an offer in on it after seeing it twice over two trips but also after seeing several other houses after it. And for some reason–it’s the ONLY house I didn’t take video in. Needless to say, I’m ready to go back and see it and snap some photos and video and take it all in and make some plans!
So what are we tackling before we move in?? The floors! It’s definitely one of those things that’s easiest to do without living there, so we’ll be refinishing the main floor and extending wood floors throughout the rest of the house. (Still deciding on whether or not I should do carpet like this (source)
or wood floors in the play room–psst the next playroom is much larger! I’m so excited for the girls and we’re all excited for a ping pong table.) We don’t forsee us doing any major structural changes to the house, but we will be adding a wall–I’ll explain after we close– and we’ll have our contractor do that before the floors as well. And that’s it. Everything else we’ll tackle ourselves after we move in, over time.
We can’t wait to share photos and plans and everything as soon as we close! Is it May yet?!
Other fun things this week!
- We’ve been adding so much to our Amazon Storefront–check it out!
- The Sounds of home ASMR–on repeat.
- My favorite Sunglasses under $25
- Getting so much inspiration for our new backyard. This is dreamy!
- Jerry’s hallway can’t exist!
- I went down a deep rabbit hole on this account this week. I’m so mesmerized! Color theory is my favorite.
- I got this electric candle lighter this week and I can’t stop talking about it.
- Abercrombie is having an extra 25% off sale this weekend but you have to shop through this link. Rounded up my favs below!