• Earlier this week, when we were all deeply engulfed in choosing an exterior direction for our house, and sharing so many inspiring designs, a follower sent me this article about a couple that sued their neighbor for $2.5 million dollars for copying their home design. (!!!!) It was right after we shared the inspiration photo for our own home that we fell for…
…Which ironically looks kind of like the homes in the article. Eek! I’m not sure how I feel about the whole thing. I feel for the original owners and architect because I’m sure a lot of thought, money, time and effort went into the design. It’s definitely been churning in my head this entire week. Although it happened a couple years ago, would love to hear your take on it!
• Cane dining chairs are classic but they are also kind of the it chair of 2019. Although it’s hard to find one at a decent price, I searched and search and found and then fell in love with this one! (Thinking of ordering a few for our dining room but can’t decide between black and natural!)
• Yesterday we announced our passion project we’ve been working on for the past two years: Good Influence (r). It’s a series of online courses and a community and our way of passing 10 years of knowledge on. Developing courses is intense, but it’s been something we have poured every spare second into (and yes, a big reason we decided to step away from the podcast). Our first course, Working With Brands, is opening for enrollment mid-July for summer semester. Enrollment is only open for 2 weeks before we close it until fall semester, so if it’s something you might be interested in, sign up to be the first to know Good Influence (r). We’ll be sharing more on the Good Influence(r) instagram page.
• I thought I didn’t like blush, but it turns out I’ve just been wearing the wrong color all this time. I tried NARS Orgasm because it’s a cult favorite and I thought, well, if I don’t like this like everyone else does then blush isn’t for me. But this past week I picked up this blush — BareMinerals Gen Nude in Strike A Rose and I’m here to say, I love (this) blush! It warms up my whole face and stays on all day. Highly recommend!
• On a whim, I ordered these double wide, extra long, blackout curtains for Polly’s room (I got Midnight Blue) on Amazon because I was desperate for the sun to stop waking her up so early. They got here last night and we’re hanging them today on stories. Verdict is out, but they have nearly 5 star reviews so my hopes are high!
• If matching sets are wrong, I don’t want to be right. I’m currently living in this short set.
• Lastly, our Semihandmade cabinet doors are on sale for the first time ever and it’s the biggest sale of the year to coincide with Ikea’s Kitchen sale! (They’re compatible, you know). Our line (as well as all other Semihandmade doors) are 20% off with code SUMMER20! You can use them in the kitchen, bathroom, or media cabinets! See a few ways other people have used the different colors here.
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Over the weekend Brooke (our social media manager) and I went to the Parade of Homes in the Raleigh area and it was so fun to get a feel of how other people in our new area are living and living large! The purpose of the parade is so that home builders and designers can […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home