• Earlier this week, when we were all deeply engulfed in choosing an exterior direction for our house, and sharing so many inspiring designs, a follower sent me this article about a couple that sued their neighbor for $2.5 million dollars for copying their home design. (!!!!) It was right after we shared the inspiration photo for our own home that we fell for…
…Which ironically looks kind of like the homes in the article. Eek! I’m not sure how I feel about the whole thing. I feel for the original owners and architect because I’m sure a lot of thought, money, time and effort went into the design. It’s definitely been churning in my head this entire week. Although it happened a couple years ago, would love to hear your take on it!
• Cane dining chairs are classic but they are also kind of the it chair of 2019. Although it’s hard to find one at a decent price, I searched and search and found and then fell in love with this one! (Thinking of ordering a few for our dining room but can’t decide between black and natural!)
• Yesterday we announced our passion project we’ve been working on for the past two years: Good Influence (r). It’s a series of online courses and a community and our way of passing 10 years of knowledge on. Developing courses is intense, but it’s been something we have poured every spare second into (and yes, a big reason we decided to step away from the podcast). Our first course, Working With Brands, is opening for enrollment mid-July for summer semester. Enrollment is only open for 2 weeks before we close it until fall semester, so if it’s something you might be interested in, sign up to be the first to know Good Influence (r). We’ll be sharing more on the Good Influence(r) instagram page.
• I thought I didn’t like blush, but it turns out I’ve just been wearing the wrong color all this time. I tried NARS Orgasm because it’s a cult favorite and I thought, well, if I don’t like this like everyone else does then blush isn’t for me. But this past week I picked up this blush — BareMinerals Gen Nude in Strike A Rose and I’m here to say, I love (this) blush! It warms up my whole face and stays on all day. Highly recommend!
• On a whim, I ordered these double wide, extra long, blackout curtains for Polly’s room (I got Midnight Blue) on Amazon because I was desperate for the sun to stop waking her up so early. They got here last night and we’re hanging them today on stories. Verdict is out, but they have nearly 5 star reviews so my hopes are high!
• If matching sets are wrong, I don’t want to be right. I’m currently living in this short set.
• Lastly, our Semihandmade cabinet doors are on sale for the first time ever and it’s the biggest sale of the year to coincide with Ikea’s Kitchen sale! (They’re compatible, you know). Our line (as well as all other Semihandmade doors) are 20% off with code SUMMER20! You can use them in the kitchen, bathroom, or media cabinets! See a few ways other people have used the different colors here.