I haven’t shared the girls’ office here since we painted all the trim (check out that post here!) But since then, the wallpaper has been installed, we hung wall sconces, their oversized pinboard that will soon be filled to the brim with their creations (I added this pennant to get them started) and we moved in the green sofa that was living in our office. We still have a few things left to do in here. Stain the countertop, add hardware–little things, but it’s already getting so much use! We noticed the same thing happen this week after giving the basement a little makeover–suddenly we all want to spend time down there!
It’s natural to gravitate to spaces and places and rooms that reflect you. You feel more comfortable and relaxed and happy there. When we made over the playroom–the girls started playing in there more, too. It’s definitely a case for a phase 1 makeover, I think. Do what you can, with what you got, or spend a little bit to make yourself a lot happier at home.
I got a really good question this week after sharing our basement makeover–they noticed I pulled the art from the office and the olive tree from our bedroom and wondered how do I decorate a room without undecorating a different room. I hate to strip a room to decorate another–I mean, it makes NO SENSE at all. But the things I do feel okay pulling from another room are pieces that weren’t assigned or purchased for that specific room to start with. The gesture drawings in the office really didn’t belong in there, they just filled the wall at the time (and we’re rearranging our office to make room for more storage and desks) and the faux olive tree has bounced around so much since we moved filling a lot of corners! By all means, shop your house! And if there are pieces that you put somewhere just because it was a spot to put them, you can feel good about putting them into a new room that will make them shine.
Other fun things this week!
• I probably haven’t bought a hair straightener since college (shout out to my CHI), so it was time. I did a little bit or research and ended up getting this ghd one and it’s SO GOOD. It is a smart styler that predicts your hair’s needs, recognizing the thickness of your hair and the speed at which you’re styling. I feel like my hair looks shinier and healthier after I use it and my favorite part–the TWENTY second heat up. Lots of words about a hair straightener (that also does pretty waves), but it’s that good.
• Add dog feeding station to the new kitchen design, I guess.
• This affordable end table comes in so many colors and has so much character! Would be cute as a nightstand, too!
• The meme I sent to all my friends this week. (hahaha!)
• Have you watched Alone on Hulu?! Sheeeesh, it’s good.
Hope you all have a great weekend. We’re going to make Chris’s peach cobbler with fresh apples from our tree!