Demo on our bathroom happened this week and it was so shocking to see the space after it was completely cleared. I actually gasped. It seems to have grown 10x! My sister was so sure there must have been a wall cheated out somewhere. Our minds just couldn’t get around the fact that this huge, open space used to only have a narrow walkway from one end to another and now it’s THIS. I feel like I can picture everything so much better now (and I’m second guessing a couple things), but mostly I’M SO EXCITED!!! We have the plumber and electrician coming next week and after that, framing then tile and all the fun stuff! (See the plans right here!)
The exterior is going slower than we’d like right now, but we’re keeping spirits up and picking our exterior color this weekend!! We’ve gone through one round of samples already and I’m just so unsure still. We are allowed two follow-up calls with Studio McGee and I’ve been saving them. I think choosing an exterior color is definitely worthy of a phone-a-friend.
More fun things this week!
• I came across this English Cottage meets California cool home this week ( designed by Gil Shafer and together with Rita Konig) and my jaw was on the floor with every photo–and there are a lot more right here. Such a cool house filled to the brim with charming inspiration. I came for the English Cottage, stayed for the skinny black exterior and I might move in over those dark planked walls! (I mean, can I move in?!)
• I found my beloved white enamel first aid box on Amazon for half price!!!
• This bathroom was a bright spot in my week.
• I got this tie dye lounge set for myself and all of my sister in laws so we can match!! Bonus, it’s so soft, $30 and the pants are long enough for me!!! (That never happens) I got a medium (6’0 size 4) and it fits perfect.
• I, along with millions of others, was over the moon at the surprise release of a new Taylor Swift album last night. But what hit me the hardest was the caption she included in the announcement.
“Before this year, I probably would’ve overthought when to release this music at the ‘perfect’ time, but the times we’re living in keep reminding me that nothing is guaranteed. My gut is telling me that if you make something you love, you should just put it out into the world. That’s the side of uncertainty I can get on board with.”
Don’t Wait. Don’t Wait. Don’t Wait!
Have the best weekend. <3