Remember the art that I was thinking of for the living room?? Well it got here, and is incredible (and currently 25% off!) and fit turns out, it’s so much better in the front hallway! Rearranging art is as fun as rearranging furniture.
More fun things this week!
• It’s the most magical time of year in our corner of Idaho. Fall swept in this week and all of the trees are changing and the weather is crisp and we’re wearing if you blink, you might miss it. So we’re trying not to blink and soak it all in. I remember in college, when Chris and I started dating, he said his favorite thing about fall was getting a new jacket. He wore the most amazing corduroy pea coat with a built in sweatshirt hoodie and it was DREAM-Y! Jacket weather, not too cold, but chilly enough, is still one of my favorite things about fall and I linked a bunch of my favorites under $100 right here!
• We’ve been Simmed!!! (So fun!)
• Have you played Castles of Mad King Ludwig?? My sister introduced it to us last week and it is such a fun game that involves strategy and floor planning. What more could I ask for?
• We were on Amazon Live on Amazon’s home page this week and it was such a blast! If you missed it, you can watch it here.
• This framed kids drawing from @rebeccagibbs.design was so inspiring this week!!
• When you’re cutting branches, the bigger the better, really.
• I just really appreciate it when I see something fresh–like this bathroom
• I mostly always wear chapstick (red dahlia and pomegranate are my go to’s) but this week, I found an old tube of this 24 hour liquid lipstick in Perpetual Plum and it’s just the perfecccctttt amount of color.
• I think I’ll just keep a stack of these “Vintage” Frames ready for art!
• Ordered this throw for the holidays–just the right amount of red, right?! (and for each purchase, a tree is planted)
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
The next project we’re checking off our 2023 project list is the mudroom! This used to be the laundry room until we built out a much bigger, better laundry room upstairs. So, in the meantime, this space has been exclusively Cricket’s room. Cricket will still have a special space here, but we’re transforming this dingy […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home