Mid 2019, my skin tanked. It broke out everywhere–the photo below was when it was just ramping up. It was related to my thyroid medicine that I had to be one for 6 months before I insisted THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER WAY! It was physically and mentally painful and I have spent the last year or so really nourishing my skin back to health and clearness. I still have some scarring that is fading gradually, but I have learned so much about what my sensitive, acne prone skin likes. I used to think oils and moisture would instantly cause a breakout, but it’s actually the opposite. The right serums and moisturizers have done WONDERS for my skin and it’s when it’s dry that I get a zit.
I shared my makeup routine here recently, but my real passion is skincare–it’s my me-time and I thoroughly enjoy going to bed with a glassy face. I broke down all my favorites below!
1. GlyMed Plus Vitamin C Cleanser $32 I keep this in the shower and it is a very refreshing face wash that leaves me glowing. A little goes a long way–I’ve had this one bottle for about 6 months.
2. Beauty Counter All Bright Serum $79 I use a dime size amount of this in the morning and I love how it brightens my skin!
3. Facial Roller $28 to get rid of any puffiness. It feels so wonderful first thing.
4. Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream $68 I love this lighter moisturizer for daytime. It’s dewy and not too heavy.
5. St. Tropez Bronzing Face Mist $30 Two spritz of this to build a gradual bronze-y glow
evening: (I put these in the order I use them)
1. Rootanicals Soothing Eye Cleanser $22 I’ve been a garnier micellar water user forever, and don’t get me wrong, that stuff works! But I recently came across this and it’s invigorating and wipes off all my makeup with minimal effort. I really love it.
3. The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution $8 I was spending so much on a fancy pants toner and guess what–this one is better. It’s SO good.
4. The Ordinary Mandelic Acid 10% + HA $6 Another must for acne-prone skin
5. Face Reality Hydrating Gel $24 I’m almost done with this and since it is a hydrating gel, and I use so many other serums for hydration, I’m actually going to try and skip this. It has served me well for over a year though.
6. Kiehl’s Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil Herbal Concentrate $52 I really love this oil. I love the smell and how it really calms my skin. If I have a blemish popping up or irritation or facial pain–I put a few drops of this all over my face and the redness is gone and pain melts away over night.
7. The Daily Essential Co. Skin Bae Glow + Hydrate Serum $45 I asked for this for Christmas and Santa delivered. I had a stubborn cluster of tiny bumps right below my mouth on my right side for as long as I can remember and within 5 days of using this–it’s gone. (I don’t think you need both the Kiehls CBD and this so if you don’t suffer from TN or neuralgia then this one would be perfect!)
8. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Oat & Hemp Seed Dry Oil $34 For me, a dry face is just asking for a pimple, so for the dry Idaho winters, I layer on all the moisture. This one has a lot of the same properties as the Skin Bae and Kiehl’s combined! (Although, it didn’t get rid of that cluster for me–I layer both the skin bae and this but you could definitely get away with just one, I think!)
9. Tan-Luxe The Face Tanning Drops $49 A few times a week, I mix 2 drops of these facial tanning drops in with my night-time moisturizer and they add the perfect glow.
11. Beauty Counter Tetrapeptide Supreme Cream $89 This cream is THICK, which is what I like for nighttime. It kind of seals everything in place.
12. RevitaLash Advanced Eyebrow Serum $58 There’s a bit of a brow transformation between the two photos above as well! I just swipe this serum on each brow very last in my nightly routine and it has really helped them fill in.
13. RevitaLash Advanced Eyelash Serum $98 my favorite lash serum! I’ve tried so many and this is the only one that supports volume as well as length.
14. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask $22 I can’t live without this lip mask. I put it on before bed and I wake up with plump, moisturized lips that are still silky and shiny.
15. Biotin, Collagen, & Keratin $25 Lastly, I have these vitamins on subscribe and save so I never miss a dose!
1. Oliglo Facial Steamer $76 I got this steamer for my birthday and I’ve made it a ritual to do a 15 minute session every Sunday. But honestly, the results are so major–instantly refreshed skin! That I’m going to fit it in once more during the week.
2. Dermalogica Hydro Masque Exfoliant $60 If you do have dryness, don’t try to put makeup on before addressing it! This 3 minute mask (3 minutes!) instantly exfoliates and hydrates–it’s heaven sent.
3. The Ordinary Buffet $14 This serum is all the good stuff. I only use it about 3 times a week but you can use it every day.
4. Beauty Counter Charcoal Facial Mask $49 My favorite deep cleansing, pore refining, get all the crap off my face and start new mask.
5. Foreo LUNA Face Scrubber $119 I actually use this every night but I forgot to add it to the list so it’s at the end.
And as always–don’t forget your wristbands when you’re washing your face. No more water running down your arms or wet sleeves EVER AGAIN! Happy Friday!