We are headed to Las Vegas Market tomorrow!!! We’ll be launching our cabinet line with Semihandmade! We’ll be at their booth all day on Sunday (pavilion 2 booth 8004) and speaking and answering questions on a panel at 4pm (pavilion 1, number 1 seminar room). If you’re around, we’d love for you to stop by! And if you aren’t in the Las Vegas area this weekend, you can still celebrate with us by entering the giveaway right here! We’re giving away $10,000 worth of cabinet doors from our new line and it closes Monday.
Other fun things this week:
• We shared an impromptu Instagram live home tour on Instagram yesterday. Go watch it before it’s gone!
• We forgot we had these pendants in storage and added them to the cabin kitchen (see a sneak peek here!) and I’m obsessed with them, but they might be a little big for the space. For now, all the heart eyes. All of them.
• I started listening to the COLD podcast, detailing the disturbing story of the Josh Powell case. Creeeepyyy but I can’t get enough.
• My new favorite earrings (I got the multi-colored!) are 40% off with code YESPLEASE.
• I got this faux leather moto jacket in black last fall and have worn it so much I’m considering getting the exact same one in the gray. It’s that good.
• I’m here for this story about an old tree stump turned…mini library!
Lastly! I’ve been getting a lot of questions about my everyday makeup. I shared it once awhile back, but I’ve updated and simplified my look using the products below. It takes me under 5 minutes and I like to keep it pretty natural looking.
1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder Bronze in Rich Amber: I use this as a contour in my cheek bones and jawline
2. NARS Blush in Orgasm
3. IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil :(I also like the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Brown, but have really been loving this IT brow pencil lately!)
4. IT Cosmetics Superhero Mascara : My mascara is the one thing I haven’t ever been over the moon about. It’s all been pretty good but not great. THIS IS AMAZING! Trust.
5. St. Tropez Bronzing Face Mist : A few sprays of this before applying my makeup every other morning keeps me glowy
6. Smashbox Studio Skin Concealer in Light
7. IT Cosmetics CC Cream in Medium Tan : (I only started getting compliments on my very imperfect skin after I started using this)
8. Blistex Deep Renewal : Ride or die, baby.
9. Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Red Dahlia: I’ve already turned a few of you onto this tinted chapstick that is the perfect natural color in a super moisturizing chapstick.
Hope you have a great weekend! Any recommendations for dinner while in Vegas? We’re overwhelmed with options.
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Almost daily I get asked what I would call my home style. I don’t like to box myself in, but I definitely lean Modern Traditional with an emphasis on comfort when it comes to our home. This especially came up when I shared our Powder Bath Reveal on the blog. I think it changes slightly […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home