We are on a plane to Austin RIGHT NOW! We’re having a meet up at the Interior Define store there tonight from 6-8 (11701 Domain Blvd STE 180, Austin, TX 78758) and would love to see/meet/chat with anyone and everyone in the area! I hear there’s going to be refreshments, so come and say hello and hang out, grab a bite and tell us all the best things to do in Austin for the very short time we’ll be in town.
More fun things this week
• Did you hear Instagram just launched a new video platform connected to your Instagram account?! It’s called IGTV and it’s for vertical videos (yay!) up to an hour in length. It’s perfect to create and share longer content–we’re brainstorming all the ways we want to use our channel and our minds are spinning. Our ideas are big and we can’t wait to get them rolling.
• A few people asked me what I got Chris for Father’s Day. I got him this sushi t-shirt (that he immediately put on) and a wellness mat for the kitchen! Have you heard of them? It’s an anti-fatigue mat that works to suspend your body weight and reduce stress and fatigue. He spends so many hours in the kitchen and sometimes it puts a strain on his back so I’m hoping this will help.
• We hosted a birthday party for our friend, Preston, the other day and played such a fun and easy game–great for adults–I wanted to pass on. We had everyone bring 4 $1 bills and let them know it was for the game. Besides that, all you need is dice. We used 3 dispersed throughout the circle, since we had 15 people playing, but for a smaller group, you could use 1 or 2. The rules are simple: If you roll a 1, you have to pass a dollar to the person to your left. If you roll a 2, you pass a dollar to the person to your right. If you roll a 6, you throw a dollar into a bowl in the center. One by one, people start running out of cash (once you’re out, you’re out), and the last person with bills in their hand, gets all the cash in the center too! It’s so exciting and fun. The buy in is low, but the winner at our party (not the birthday boy–haha) went home with $60!
• To wear on the 4th (and beyond).
• A great resource On Stopping Family Separation.
• Obsessed with these ear climbers.
• Finally! Photos of Mandy Moore’s home with Interior Design by the incredible Sarah Sherman Samuel are the cover story of Architectural Digest!
Hope to see you tonight in Austin and we’ll have a weekend sales post for you tomorrow!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Almost daily I get asked what I would call my home style. I don’t like to box myself in, but I definitely lean Modern Traditional with an emphasis on comfort when it comes to our home. This especially came up when I shared our Powder Bath Reveal on the blog. I think it changes slightly […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home