School’s out, the warm weather has finally arrived and we’re soaking up every second over here. This also means we have a lot of outdoor projects and posts coming up including building a big front porch swing, an outdoor kitchen, adding a play set to our yard (more on that in a minute), a look at the budget outdoor dining space we did for my parents, and a few additions we made to our own deck.
Speaking of which, our new swing chairs have popped up on my Instagram stories a few times over the last couple weeks since we got them and I have been getting so many questions about where they are from. I was initially going to wait to talk about them until a full post about the deck, but they are on sale this weekend–so I can’t resist!
We purchased two of these Swingasan Hanging Chairs which are currently 20% off (as well as the stand and cushion I linked below the photo). When we were on the hunt, it was hard to find any hanging chair under $400 and many are $500-$600! And we wanted two! We were so thrilled to find these in the $200 range. We absolutely love them. They are even spacious enough for taller people like me and Chris–and all of our guest seem to gravitate toward them, too. A terrific, budget-friendly option.
Other Fun Things this week!
• @KirstenKrason’s swing set makeover she shared on Instagram this week inspired us big time! Since we’re having a baby in the next couple months, a swing set has been on our before-baby-gets-here list, as a special gift for Greta and Faye and something we can’t wait to see them all playing on as the years pass. The one Kirsten customized from Costco appears to be sold out online, but this one is really similar (and a great price!). Since our girls are really big for their age (Greta is already the size of a 10 year old), we went with this one, by Gorilla Playsets, which is rated for older children. I knew I wanted to paint or stain ours in some way–but now I can’t wait!
• All my favorite colors in one color scheme and house!
• This mud cloth pillow with tassels is $26 (currently 40% off) and oh, so. cute!
• A reader alerted me that our bedroom was in one of those silly Buzzfeed quizzes this week!
The quiz is called, “Build The Perfect Apartment and We’ll Sort You into A Hogwarts House.” (I got Ravenclaw, and of course the bedroom I chose was our own.)
• All the heart eyes for this swim coverup (under $30!)
• Lastly, back in December, Frigidaire came to our home and shot a few commercials with us over two days, featuring our dishwasher. They switched PR companies and we just assumed they had dropped the project, but then one just popped up! You can watch it here if you’d like.
Have a sunny weekend!!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Over the weekend Brooke (our social media manager) and I went to the Parade of Homes in the Raleigh area and it was so fun to get a feel of how other people in our new area are living and living large! The purpose of the parade is so that home builders and designers can […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home