A little over a week ago, when we still felt pretty lost on what direction we wanted to go after the fire. When in our brains it felt like we could go any direction but my heart was still so fragile to commit to anything–someone suggested we needed a rebound. We needed a non-committal, just for fun, no-strings-attached project to get us going again. Essentially, we needed a flip house. And I can say at the very early stages of the process–they were absolutely right! We’ve never done a flip, but that’s kind of the point I think. This week, we went flip house hunting and it was so fun to walk through so many different homes in need of help and dream up what we could do with each of them. Our excitement grew with each one and we even put an offer on one of them! In the video below, you’ll see us walk through 5 different homes–we really wish we could rescue all of them! We’ll share more about which one we chose when things get more finalized!
Psst–Here’s my coat from the video!
Other fun things this week!
• This bathroom is my favorite before and after this week! Sarah’s attention to detail and and design is so refreshing and I love that everything she used is so accessible (from Lowe’s!).
• Remember last week when I said one of the six things every room needs is art–including the kitchen? Well, here’s some really sweet art for the kitchen.
• My favorite affordable small wooden vases are back in stock after months of being gone. We have all three sizes and they make the perfect fresh light wood grouping for open shelves!
• I’ve had a lot of compliments on my hair recently–thank you! I’ll share my secret again–I wear clip-in hair extensions! I wear these Barefoot Blonde clip-ins in the color Brown Sugar. I had them cut about 1-1.5 inches longer than my normal hair so it blends really well and just gives me volume and thickness. I’ve had a lot of hair loss after Polly and it was compounded with my Hashimoto’s, but I have a ton of regrowth right now, thanks to being on the right dose of medication, sticking to a strict Thyroid-boosting diet and taking these vitamins 4x a day! But seriously, the clip ins are my hair life line! They can be styled just like regular hair too, but I only have to run a curling iron through them every few weeks! It has cut my hair styling time to almost non-existent.
• Planning on wearing these white sneakers with everything this Spring/Summer.
• This kitchen hood is giving me heart palpitations. Definitely saving it for a future kitchen design!
• Just racking my brain trying to figure out where I can put this sconce!
• Lastly, (but definitely not least) on International Women’s day, I’m inspired by this exercise from Yoko Ono:
I grew up in a family of 5 girls (no brothers) and my mom was actually named Mother of the Year for the state of Pennsylvania when I was about 10. She had to go to a big convention and bring one object that described her family. Guess what she brought…a BRA! She said “we are feminine and lift and support each other.” To this day, when I see women tearing other women down or talking negatively about them, I think about what my mom said all those years ago. We are all meant to lift and support. Women are so many things worth celebrating!