Yesterday, we painted our bedroom. We prepped the room, held up swatches, picked up two samples, decided on a completely different color entirely (Benjamin Moore Olympic Mountains, FTW!) and then painted the whole room and all the trim. I documented most of the process on my stories and we’ll definitely relay everything, including a lot of photos here soon!–but I was surprised how many messages I got not believing that we actually painted the room before the sun went down. Ha! They were sure we had a team. I promise we don’t. But while we don’t have a team of DIYers or contractors at our disposal, we do have a nanny at our home from 8:30-3:30 Monday through Friday and that lights a fire under us. We HAVE to get our biggest chunk of work done by 3:30–and on top of that, my time is divided up into 3 hour increments since I’m still nursing. With that kind of hard deadline, it’s easier to put your head down and listen to all the podcasts (I like a mix of Bachelor ones, Home and DIY, and Reply All!) and just do it! I can’t wait to show you the results. It looks so soft, calm, and serene…and HUGE. Here’s a tiny sneak peek I snapped with my phone of it still in shambles and before I painted the trim. (I usually paint the trim first, but I needed to trim out the walls before Chris rolled and he had an appointment.) See more of our bedroom plans here!
More fun things this week!
• “Luck” is kind of belittling to how things are actually accomplished.
• One of my resolutions this year is to take better care of my skin–it became impossible to ignore when I got this mirror as a gift–and I’m not kidding when I say, this masque WILL absolutely change your life.
• Brittany’s small Master Bathroom reveal was just jaw-dropping. And that photography! Taking notes.
• This photo by @ericolsendesign brought a tear to my eye. One of the best lines from one of my favorite childhood books.
• Cleaning out your house? Ashley wrote an incredibly thoughtful post where you can donate every last thing that goes above and beyond goodwill!
• I freaked out when they announced the Trading Spaces reboot and now I’m freaking out again because it’s all the original cast! Frank! Hildie! I can’t wait!
• Lastly, I wanted to share my a few of my favorite budget frames! I’ve rounded up both table and wall frames and most I have or have used in various projects. #6, especially, looks amazingly modern–that thick white frame!–is a nice size and comes in white, too!
Ps! Don’t forget today is the last day to enter the Article giveaway right here!
We’ll see you tomorrow with all the weekend sales!