We’re all exercising extreme caution around here in the wake of Coronavirus, disinfecting all of our surfaces and devices and staying home as much as we can. We know we’re lucky to work from home, and we know so many of you don’t. Our hearts are hurting for the too-many who are sick and for those of you who are taking care of loved ones. We’re also grieving for the disappointed and the don’t-know-what-to-do. We feel you. No matter your situation, we’re all trying to wrap our heads around what the next few weeks will look like. Maybe we can find comfort in the fact that we’re doing this for each other: If we can all stay home and stop the spread of this thing, we can help each other. Help humanity. We’re grateful for this platform that still lets us connect with you even in a weird and scary time. We’ll keep our focus on making our home a place we love, as we wish you and your family good health. And we wish our planet a speedy recovery.
On a much lighter note, here are a few things that took our minds off of COVID-19…
- The Grit and Polish revealed their Butler’s Pantry yesterday, and I’m dying! How smart is that side-mounted faucet?!
- Did you see The New York Times’ list of 25 Songs That Matter Now? So interactive and inspiring in all the ways.
- I started Whole 30 again this week because I’ve been having a lot of problems with my health and thyroid (I have Hashimoto’s disease), and eating clean will help to get clear test results (and hopefully have me feeling better!). I’m getting another dose of blood work done today to see if it’s improving at all and if not, we have to look at some other options. Last night, Chris made the most amazing salmon taco bowls, with homemade salsa and guac, a fresh salad and cauliflower rice. My plate had plantain chips, but my sister (who had the foresight to take a photo) snacked on good ol’ fashioned tortilla chips. Have you ever tried Whole 30?
- Speaking of our master chef — Chris’s knife skills video made it to the Wüsthof page!
- We’re hosting a big film crew for a video shoot this week. (We can’t disclose the brand at this time, but we’ll be able to show you soon!) We bought these sconces for our dining room and planned to install them during the shoot. But, whoops! — The electrical boxes were wider than the wall plates! We couldn’t move the shoot, so I jumped onto Amazon and scored these with two-day shipping. It’s a totally different silhouette, and I love it even more than my first choice. (Don’t you love it when that happens?)
- I’ve been getting a lot of questions about my outfits for this shoot on Instagram, so I rounded up what I wore for it! (Or similar dupes)
- More shoot stuff: We put together this place setting for the new dining room. The gold flatware is such a show-stopper. It has such a lovely weight to it and it looks antique. Sources: Plates, water glasses , goblets (Anthropologie, no longer available), appetizer plates, bowls, candlesticks, Napkins.
- Can we all agree that Hannah Ann was the real winner of Pilot Pete’s season of The Bachelor?
- Calling in to team meetings like…