My favorite month of the year has come and gone in a blink. September is the month where we all slide into our school-year routine and the weather begins to shift. So far fall is playing peekaboo and I’m really fine with it. I’d rather fall be a slow trickle than a big wave that comes and goes all too soon. This weekend, I’m actually spending time in Pittsburgh for my grandma’s funeral. It’s been an emotional week mourning her loss but I can’t think of a better way to be comforted than to spend time with those who loved her and were loved by her. Sharing my September Favorites here and looking forward to what the next month will bring. I see you Halloween.
1. WC Door Sign $11 My WC (water closet) door sign just arrived and I can’t wait to hang it. Only question is do I hang it on the door, or the trim above the door?
3. Ninja CREAMi $199 My mind was actually blown when Chris made me a little frozen treat using our new Ninja CREAMi– with JUST frozen fruit. It’s now a must-have kitchen appliance and I’m already keeping in mind who I can gift one to this Christmas.
5. Kasey Mule in Sherpa $128 I’ve been walking around in my new mule sliders and it’s essentially like I’m wearing house slippers. Cozy and chic.
6. British Designers At Home $28 My new coffee table book that I’m obsessed with. I feel so inspired with every page I turn. Definitely a good substantial book to have laying around.
7. Chatbooks $10/monthly subscription Did you hear about our Chatbooks collab? Perfect for getting photos and memories off your phone and into your hands–or let’s be honest, looking adorable on a shelf.
8. Indy Oval Necklace $56 My fav Made By Mary necklace. If you don’t already have one, it’s an essential and classic piece of jewelry. I now have one that says “homebody” on it and I’ll be wearing it every day, thank you.
9. Clarissa Round Chandelier $1399 We recently hung this chandelier in our bedroom and it’s literally a night a day difference. Is it weird that hanging 534 little crystals on it was pretty satisfying?
13. Stripe Mock Neck Sweater $98 (40% off with code TOPS40) A staple sweater of mine currently.
14. Milo Dining Chairs (set of 2) $148 Our new dining room chairs. I can’t believe the price on these for 2! They’re looking so good and just wait until you see how they look with our new dining table! ;)
15. Wavelength $39 We played this game at a recent get-together and had SO much fun. You play in two teams and have to attempt to read your teammate’s mind. Lots of thinking and talking through what you’re thinking. It’s perfect for groups big or small and we can’t stop talking about it!
16. Denim Square-Neck Pleat-Sleeve Top $78 The fit on this is so good.
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Once upon a time, I fell in love with a coffee table. Money was a little tight, but we saved up the $1,085 to buy it because once I saw it — no other coffee table would do. It was my first furniture splurge, and I was so nervous and excited. When I arrived, it […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home