Happy February! I am recovering from the flu that has hit our town hard. Half of the schools closed, not due to snow like the rest of the country (although we have plenty of that, too) but due to a big flu outbreak. Our family almost escaped without getting hit, but this week Polly and I came down with fevers, chills, nausea–the works. We’re crossing our fingers we can keep it between the two of us. When Jordan was piecing together this month’s video there were so many fun things we did that I had forgotten about! Pranks on our friends, a cabin weekend, laser tag, our two older girls got their ears pierced! Watch it all go down below or here on our YouTube channel.
Most of the month, I couldn’t believe it was still January. I think most would agree January was the longest
year month ever. This sums it up for me:
But, in the midst of the bitter cold and non-stop snow and sickness sprinkled throughout, I’m so glad that we have those monthly videos to remind us of the good times. January was so good to us, truly. At the end of each month, I love to share my favorite finds and must haves of the month, too!
1. We have been on the hunt for a rug for the living room at our a-frame and this month, we landed on this one! It’s an heirloom rug by Loloi and breathtaking in every way. When we were in Las Vegas for market last week, we were invited to the Loloi showroom by Cyrus Loloi (his grandfather started the company!) and we got to meet and chat and look at all of their beautiful rugs–they literally can’t make a bad rug–and pinpointed this one as the one. It should be arriving in the next couple weeks.
2. This rug looks similar (for less!) and I’m considering it for our own living room at home.
4. This month we launched little Homebody Propertees for babies, toddlers and big kids and it has been so, completely heart-warming seeing tiny homebodies sprinkled throughout my instagram feed.
5. I bought this Nike crew neck sweatshirt this month and like to wear it and pretend I’m athletic at all. (Real talk though–it’s so soft. I got a small and it’s more fitted. I’d probably go for a medium next time).
6. Perhaps the most exciting thing that happened this month was the launch of our cabinet fronts with Semihandmade! The collection is officially live right here! You can order a sample box here. And right now, through Monday, February 4th, take 20% off all Godmorgon and Besta fronts with code FLASHSALE2019. (Those are great for bathrooms and floating consoles).
7. This is the month that I binged the COLD podcast and now that I’m all caught up, I can’t wait for Wednesdays. I know I got many of you hooked, too (if you haven’t started listening–do it do it!) and I mean, can you even handle it?! I can’t decide if Steve or Josh is more of a creep.
9. January will go down as the month of this $58 fiddle leaf fig. It was the most purchased link I shared all month (over 17,000 of you!) It’s 5′ and realistic. I keep ours in a basket with a blanket on top to keep it upright.
10. Framebridge’s Hearstagrams are back!! They only do these once a year and I have bought one every year for myself and/or a gift. You can even upload a photo from your phone if you want. You can choose any one of their frames, in an 11×11 size and it comes with a heart shaped mat for $39. I have them sprinkled throughout our home and it’s such a sweet thing to have on our walls year round.
12. I get questions and compliments about my hair always (thank you!), but the truth is my hair is suffering greatly with my Hashimoto’s. Throw in the dry, cold winter and I barely recognize myself most mornings. A few things have helped, besides vitamins. First, I love using this hair mask once or twice a week. I can see a visible difference. Second, Living Proof’s Restore shampoo. And lastly, most of you know I wear clip in extensions (these specifically) to help with volume and confidence.
13. The only cap I own. The only one I need. This is perfect for day 4 hair, if you know what I mean.