It’s been the most productive week around the house. With less than 3 weeks until the video shoot, it seems like everything is so close and every day we’re seeing more and more progress. The latter half of this week Demo Dave (seen above) and Finisher Dave started installing the beams in the dining room. (Side note: There are actually THREE contractors that are named Dave working on our house. We got to know Demo Dave first as he was here every day for months, mostly on his own. Polly loves to say an enthusiastic “Hi! Daveeee!!!!” every time she sees him, and now she says it to all the contractors because I think she thinks they’re ALL named Dave–she gets it right often. Haha).
These beams are made from primed mdf and attached to 2×6’s. They’ll be painted Alabaster like the walls and ceiling in here and I love the depth they add so much here. One suggestion came in to paint the beams the same color as the trim, but the huge drum pendants that will be hanging over the table are kind of an oatmeal color, so I think that will really tie it all together. Can’t wait to uncover these flooorrrss!!!!
More fun things this week!
• Yesterday, Leanne Ford’s line for Crate & Barrel dropped and my jaw hit the floor. Like, was this made for me? Was every single item specifically designed for this house? Hahaha. You can check it all out right here, but I rounded up a few favs below.
1. Cortez Charcoal Floating Nightstand: $599
2. Fields Natural Storage Cabinet: $2199
3. Willy White Plaster Pedestal Side Table: $299
4. Pacific Natural Wood Oval Coffee Table: $1599
5. Plain Weave Sand Lumbar Pillow: $129
6. Tom Charcoal Three-Legged Coffee Table: $1599
7. White Wabi Floor Vase: $99
8. Riki Black Footed Bowl: $79
9. Meechelle Large White Candle: $99
10. Canyon Arched Canopy Bed with Upholstered Headboard: $1799
11. Ever Slipcovered Sofa: $2299
12. Fields Cane Back White Accent Chair: $999
• We haven’t had ANY more paranormal activity in months! (Thank goodness–our house truly feels like our own now and I don’t even have a feeling that there’s something there like I used to.) But the comments on this REALLY made me laugh.
• This long sleeved pocket tee I wore earlier this week is on sale and is CARRYING me through until Spring. (Okay, it was -1 when I wore it.) But I paired with my favorite white sneakers and it felt like Spring TO ME!!!!!
• This office by Gray Apple Design has me rethinking my entire office. (jk) But seriously, standing ovation!!!!
• This Overnight Resurfacing Peel is magic! (After 3 weeks my skin is, in a word, radiant! I use it 3x a week at night, right before my moisturizer.
• We are headed to Scottsdale, Arizona on Monday with the Makerista for the Lowe’s Bedroom Makeover!!!! I can’t believe it’s already here!! We’ll be sharing live stories on Instagram all week, so be sure to follow along in real time! I don’t think we’ll have a ton of down time, but we’ll for sure need to eat, so if you’re familiar with the area–would love any recs!!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Over the weekend Brooke (our social media manager) and I went to the Parade of Homes in the Raleigh area and it was so fun to get a feel of how other people in our new area are living and living large! The purpose of the parade is so that home builders and designers can […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home