It’s been the most productive week around the house. With less than 3 weeks until the video shoot, it seems like everything is so close and every day we’re seeing more and more progress. The latter half of this week Demo Dave (seen above) and Finisher Dave started installing the beams in the dining room. (Side note: There are actually THREE contractors that are named Dave working on our house. We got to know Demo Dave first as he was here every day for months, mostly on his own. Polly loves to say an enthusiastic “Hi! Daveeee!!!!” every time she sees him, and now she says it to all the contractors because I think she thinks they’re ALL named Dave–she gets it right often. Haha).
These beams are made from primed mdf and attached to 2×6’s. They’ll be painted Alabaster like the walls and ceiling in here and I love the depth they add so much here. One suggestion came in to paint the beams the same color as the trim, but the huge drum pendants that will be hanging over the table are kind of an oatmeal color, so I think that will really tie it all together. Can’t wait to uncover these flooorrrss!!!!
More fun things this week!
• Yesterday, Leanne Ford’s line for Crate & Barrel dropped and my jaw hit the floor. Like, was this made for me? Was every single item specifically designed for this house? Hahaha. You can check it all out right here, but I rounded up a few favs below.
1. Cortez Charcoal Floating Nightstand: $599
2. Fields Natural Storage Cabinet: $2199
3. Willy White Plaster Pedestal Side Table: $299
4. Pacific Natural Wood Oval Coffee Table: $1599
5. Plain Weave Sand Lumbar Pillow: $129
6. Tom Charcoal Three-Legged Coffee Table: $1599
7. White Wabi Floor Vase: $99
8. Riki Black Footed Bowl: $79
9. Meechelle Large White Candle: $99
10. Canyon Arched Canopy Bed with Upholstered Headboard: $1799
11. Ever Slipcovered Sofa: $2299
12. Fields Cane Back White Accent Chair: $999
• We haven’t had ANY more paranormal activity in months! (Thank goodness–our house truly feels like our own now and I don’t even have a feeling that there’s something there like I used to.) But the comments on this REALLY made me laugh.
• This long sleeved pocket tee I wore earlier this week is on sale and is CARRYING me through until Spring. (Okay, it was -1 when I wore it.) But I paired with my favorite white sneakers and it felt like Spring TO ME!!!!!
• This office by Gray Apple Design has me rethinking my entire office. (jk) But seriously, standing ovation!!!!
• This Overnight Resurfacing Peel is magic! (After 3 weeks my skin is, in a word, radiant! I use it 3x a week at night, right before my moisturizer.
• We are headed to Scottsdale, Arizona on Monday with the Makerista for the Lowe’s Bedroom Makeover!!!! I can’t believe it’s already here!! We’ll be sharing live stories on Instagram all week, so be sure to follow along in real time! I don’t think we’ll have a ton of down time, but we’ll for sure need to eat, so if you’re familiar with the area–would love any recs!!