Well, I haven’t ordered a bed for our master bedroom yet, but we did get this amazing arched floor mirror from Rejuvenation that has doubled the size of our room, I swear. Here are some other fun arch mirrors!
I also somehow ordered two beds for Greta’s room. That’s right–two! Currently, we have a king mattress in Greta’s bedroom and a queen in Faye’s since Greta’s room has an en suite bathroom, it serves as a great second guest room and then Greta and Faye could bunk together in the case of lots of guests. But! This week, we welcomed Chris’s brother’s family for a few days and they all stayed in Greta’s room and we kept thinking how nice it would be to have two queen beds in there, on either side of the window and move the king bed to Faye’s room. Greta’s doubly excited about the idea because we often have her cousin (similar in age) sleepover and this means they can each have their own bed.
Below is Greta’s room before we moved in:
Here’s Greta’s room after hosting family this week (we brought in another queen and twin mattress):
So I have unofficially started designing Greta’s room in my head and purchased two of these gray Jenny Lind beds (so gorgeous and classic!). We also keep hitting our heads on that light fixture so that has to go sooner than later. I have a lot ideas for the space, a pretty wallpaper on all the walls and maybe some trunks and the foot of the beds. But none of the designs include the red carpet that is currently in place. We may replace it sooner than we planned just because it’s so busy and hard to work around. But I’m also trying not to put more on our plates right now. We’re starting our mini kitchen makeover next week! (more on that next week!), so perhaps a pair of new beds and a new light fixture will work for now…or maybe I’ll just make a mood board to whittle away at. ;)
Other fun things this week
• We got a surprise call from our contractor on Wednesday saying that they would be starting demo yesterday instead of in a few weeks! We were happily surprised and cleared a few rooms immediately. They really only prepped yesterday and hopefully will get a good start today. I realize I still owe you concrete plans of what we’ll be doing and that’s coming. We’ve been working with a great architectural draftsman (Sundance Drafting & Design for you locals) to help put all of our ideas to code and to paper and even 3D renderings to show you! We figured waiting until those are ready would be more helpful than trying to explain it all through just words.
• Speaking of kids rooms, this one (via @erinkestenbaum) is big time inspiring me for Faye’s. it just feels so fun and classic and whimsical and Faye.
• The Nordstrom sale is public access now and you can see all of my picks here. But here’s what I actually ended up buying:
What about you? Get anything good?
• Tell me you’ve seen Tom Hanks as Mister Rogers. Tell me you cried, too.
• I’ve been meaning to upgrade my camera for a couple years and finally bit the bullet and ordered this Canon 5D Mark IV on sale. I can’t wait for it to arrive!
• Lastly, we brought our favorite group game, LCR Wild, to the Marcum reunion last week (below is a photo I snapped of Chris and his whole family! He’s the youngest of 8!) and played with 29 Marcums!! We told everyone ahead of time that we had a fun game to play and anyone that wanted to needed to bring 4 $1 bills. The game lasted 3 hours and we laughed and screamed the entire time. In the end–GRETA WON $116!! And it was like we all won–her reaction was the best. If you haven’t played this game with a large group, it’s a must. Here’s more of our favorite games!!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
When you’re gearing up to try something new, whether it be jumping off a cliff into a cool lake, expecting your first child, or buying a new home, you need a cheerleader in your corner. You know, a hype girl saying you got this! It’s going to be great! You can do it! I’m here […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home