Well, I haven’t ordered a bed for our master bedroom yet, but we did get this amazing arched floor mirror from Rejuvenation that has doubled the size of our room, I swear. Here are some other fun arch mirrors!
I also somehow ordered two beds for Greta’s room. That’s right–two! Currently, we have a king mattress in Greta’s bedroom and a queen in Faye’s since Greta’s room has an en suite bathroom, it serves as a great second guest room and then Greta and Faye could bunk together in the case of lots of guests. But! This week, we welcomed Chris’s brother’s family for a few days and they all stayed in Greta’s room and we kept thinking how nice it would be to have two queen beds in there, on either side of the window and move the king bed to Faye’s room. Greta’s doubly excited about the idea because we often have her cousin (similar in age) sleepover and this means they can each have their own bed.
Below is Greta’s room before we moved in:
Here’s Greta’s room after hosting family this week (we brought in another queen and twin mattress):
So I have unofficially started designing Greta’s room in my head and purchased two of these gray Jenny Lind beds (so gorgeous and classic!). We also keep hitting our heads on that light fixture so that has to go sooner than later. I have a lot ideas for the space, a pretty wallpaper on all the walls and maybe some trunks and the foot of the beds. But none of the designs include the red carpet that is currently in place. We may replace it sooner than we planned just because it’s so busy and hard to work around. But I’m also trying not to put more on our plates right now. We’re starting our mini kitchen makeover next week! (more on that next week!), so perhaps a pair of new beds and a new light fixture will work for now…or maybe I’ll just make a mood board to whittle away at. ;)
Other fun things this week
• We got a surprise call from our contractor on Wednesday saying that they would be starting demo yesterday instead of in a few weeks! We were happily surprised and cleared a few rooms immediately. They really only prepped yesterday and hopefully will get a good start today. I realize I still owe you concrete plans of what we’ll be doing and that’s coming. We’ve been working with a great architectural draftsman (Sundance Drafting & Design for you locals) to help put all of our ideas to code and to paper and even 3D renderings to show you! We figured waiting until those are ready would be more helpful than trying to explain it all through just words.
• Speaking of kids rooms, this one (via @erinkestenbaum) is big time inspiring me for Faye’s. it just feels so fun and classic and whimsical and Faye.
• The Nordstrom sale is public access now and you can see all of my picks here. But here’s what I actually ended up buying:
- These heels I’ve had for over a year (in nude and black) and couldn’t recommend them enough!
- This long black pencil skirt.
- These cut out booties in suede (although I really love the black, too!) to transition me into fall.
- These nike bike shorts!
- This black raincoat with a removable hood—I love the long length!
- This super cuddly UGG throw in charcoal that makes the best gifts.
- And this cozy oatmeal sweatshirt with matching joggers for lounging.
What about you? Get anything good?
• Tell me you’ve seen Tom Hanks as Mister Rogers. Tell me you cried, too.
• I’ve been meaning to upgrade my camera for a couple years and finally bit the bullet and ordered this Canon 5D Mark IV on sale. I can’t wait for it to arrive!
• Lastly, we brought our favorite group game, LCR Wild, to the Marcum reunion last week (below is a photo I snapped of Chris and his whole family! He’s the youngest of 8!) and played with 29 Marcums!! We told everyone ahead of time that we had a fun game to play and anyone that wanted to needed to bring 4 $1 bills. The game lasted 3 hours and we laughed and screamed the entire time. In the end–GRETA WON $116!! And it was like we all won–her reaction was the best. If you haven’t played this game with a large group, it’s a must. Here’s more of our favorite games!!