This week was the One Room Challenge Reveals and there were so many amazing spaces and stories. It feels like forever since we participated creating the girls’ bunk room! This season there were a lot of setbacks and delays due to Covid-19, but watching all of these rooms evolve despite the state of the world feels like the ultimate making lemonade situation. These participants have me wanting to tackle a room from start to finish, from bare drywall to a vase of flowers on the end table. Bottom line: I’m inspired. Here are a few of my favorites:
2. Cynthia Zamaria turned her garden shed into a Garden and Flower Studio that is as chic as it sounds. The details are incredibly thoughtful and you know I’m a sucker for a black exterior. But the interior is just as breathtaking, if not more.
3. Lauren Caron packed a punch in her powder room and I can’t look away. I was following along for the whole process and there was a lot of love and care for every decision, down to the Gucci wallpaper she had picked out for years.
4. Brenda Danso created this extra special room for her girls who demanded hot pink. I love how she gave it to them in such a classy way. And that chandelier!! I need.
5. Nancy’s nursery reveal was feast for the eyes and an emotional read all mixed into one, celebrating a stunning nursery and triumph through a long IVF journey. The color palette and pieces feel so collected and calm and interesting and definitely not like she pulled it off in a few weeks time.
6. The Renovation Husbands tackled an entire suite! Bedroom, closets and bathroom and I had trouble choosing just one photo because every space is better than the last. The marble in the bathroom will make you drool.
Other fun things around here this week!
We expanded our Charly line with Interior Define to include a new swivel chair (eeee!!!!) and storage ottoman and to celebrate we’re ordering one for the music room in one of these fun new swatches! Do you have a fav? I’m leaning the yellow toned one (Performance Velvet in Marigold)! Interior Define is celebrating by offering 15% off through Monday! RUN!
(From left to right: Performance Velvet in Sterling, Performance Velvet in Rust, Boucle in Snow (so excited about this one!), Performance Velvet in Cosmic, Basketweave in Seafoam, Performance Velvet in Navy, Performance Velvet in Marigold)
• The earrings I’ve been wearing nonstop. They are so easy to dress up or down!
• In this week’s Love Letter I shared I wanted to give the playroom a little makeover now that we know it will stay the playroom. This is my inspiration!! Chris said…I don’t get it. It’s a kitchen. We both laughed. Inspiration for a room can be a tube of toothpaste! A postcard! A rug! A song. Or even a room that has a vibe that you want to reflect, but for me…those yellow cabinets stopped me in my tracks. (Side note–What’s going on with me and yellow right now!?)
Hope you all have a great weekend. We’re getting ready to announce our next project–a quick 5 day one (fingers crossed!) and I’m so excited!!!!!! Any guesses?!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Almost daily I get asked what I would call my home style. I don’t like to box myself in, but I definitely lean Modern Traditional with an emphasis on comfort when it comes to our home. This especially came up when I shared our Powder Bath Reveal on the blog. I think it changes slightly […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home