This week was the One Room Challenge Reveals and there were so many amazing spaces and stories. It feels like forever since we participated creating the girls’ bunk room! This season there were a lot of setbacks and delays due to Covid-19, but watching all of these rooms evolve despite the state of the world feels like the ultimate making lemonade situation. These participants have me wanting to tackle a room from start to finish, from bare drywall to a vase of flowers on the end table. Bottom line: I’m inspired. Here are a few of my favorites:
- DeWilde Design Co tackled their Cabin Main Bedroom and ensuite bath (you HAVE to see the bathroom!) and I obviously had flashbacks to our a-frame. But there black beams and wood ceiling and white walls and layered textiles are so elevated and cozy at the same time. But really–the bathroom!!!
2. Cynthia Zamaria turned her garden shed into a Garden and Flower Studio that is as chic as it sounds. The details are incredibly thoughtful and you know I’m a sucker for a black exterior. But the interior is just as breathtaking, if not more.
3. Lauren Caron packed a punch in her powder room and I can’t look away. I was following along for the whole process and there was a lot of love and care for every decision, down to the Gucci wallpaper she had picked out for years.
4. Brenda Danso created this extra special room for her girls who demanded hot pink. I love how she gave it to them in such a classy way. And that chandelier!! I need.
5. Nancy’s nursery reveal was feast for the eyes and an emotional read all mixed into one, celebrating a stunning nursery and triumph through a long IVF journey. The color palette and pieces feel so collected and calm and interesting and definitely not like she pulled it off in a few weeks time.
6. The Renovation Husbands tackled an entire suite! Bedroom, closets and bathroom and I had trouble choosing just one photo because every space is better than the last. The marble in the bathroom will make you drool.
Other fun things around here this week!
We expanded our Charly line with Interior Define to include a new swivel chair (eeee!!!!) and storage ottoman and to celebrate we’re ordering one for the music room in one of these fun new swatches! Do you have a fav? I’m leaning the yellow toned one (Performance Velvet in Marigold)! Interior Define is celebrating by offering 15% off through Monday! RUN!
(From left to right: Performance Velvet in Sterling, Performance Velvet in Rust, Boucle in Snow (so excited about this one!), Performance Velvet in Cosmic, Basketweave in Seafoam, Performance Velvet in Navy, Performance Velvet in Marigold)
• The earrings I’ve been wearing nonstop. They are so easy to dress up or down!
• In this week’s Love Letter I shared I wanted to give the playroom a little makeover now that we know it will stay the playroom. This is my inspiration!! Chris said…I don’t get it. It’s a kitchen. We both laughed. Inspiration for a room can be a tube of toothpaste! A postcard! A rug! A song. Or even a room that has a vibe that you want to reflect, but for me…those yellow cabinets stopped me in my tracks. (Side note–What’s going on with me and yellow right now!?)
Hope you all have a great weekend. We’re getting ready to announce our next project–a quick 5 day one (fingers crossed!) and I’m so excited!!!!!! Any guesses?!