Last week I mentioned that in some rooms, I’m getting to the layering phase. Where I hang things, and tweak things, and add textiles and elements that make it feel comfortable and home-like. Our dining room REALLY needs this touch and yesterday, it was fun to take a few minutes to shop our house and layer in a corner.
Last year, while thrifting, I found a black metal table for $99. It felt like the perfect puzzle table (turns out, it’s a little small for most of the puzzles we tackle–learned THAT in quarantine), and I’ve bounced it around from the entry to the music room, the girls office and yesterday it hit me–it’s the perfect size for this corner in the dining room. It really shines here! I ended up hanging the two tree prints that have been living above the fireplace in the living room on either side of the arched door in the dining room (I think one larger piece would be better above there). A large vase, some faux stems, a candle stand and candle. It was a small, 15 minute refresh that did just as much for my soul as for the dining room. After being so consumed by large projects and whole rooms, it was nice to carve out one corner.
OTHER FUN THINGS THIS WEEK
• This week, we launched a big re-branding of Propertee. New website. New warehouse. New vibe. We Taylor Swift’d the instagram. (I’m wearing “Home is a Feeling“, Homebody Hoodie and Indoorsy sweatshirt above…in all of my favorite fall looks. (these are the black boots I’m wearing in the photos above, my white sneakers, trench coat, my black jeans, and my green pants) This is our first time carrying all of our own stock, so it felt big and risky but then so rewarding and overwhelming as soon as we launched and the support came in like a tidal wave. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. We have a lot of new things coming in the new few weeks and I can’t wait to share more soon.
• What have you been watching/listening to/reading?? This month, we watched (and LOVED!) Love on the Spectrum + Indian Matchmaker on Netflix. And I’m currently half way through the audiobook Devolution by Max Brooks. It’s riveting and entertaining and the audiobook is so well casted–I love Judy Greer!! Highly recommend.
• I snagged these ULTRA comfortable platform lace up shoes from the Nordstrom Anniversary sale in the prettiest BURGUNDY nearly half off (under $50!). I know. I surprised even myself with the choice. But you know that time between white sneakers or flip flops of summer and booties of late fall? I plan on dressing my feet in these during that time and I. am. ready for it!
• This is 34. (me to a T! haha)
• If the girls office was for adults only, it might look more like this. Heart eyes. Heart eyes. heart eyes!
• Home type by Enneagram! Okay, but it’s like they were talking to me with that “massive window looking into the living room” bit. Hahaha
• Finding Positivity during a renovation. (I really really needed this this week)
• Alert! This mock neck henley comes in the prettiest green and is on sale for under $20!
Hope you have a happy weekend! We’re finishing painting the girls office!! EEEEEee!!! Will report back Monday!
What size have you found does work well for a puzzle table? We’re thinking of adding a board game/puzzle table to our den and currently debating size.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
We recently painted our study a dark, moody green color. This is after we first painted it a muddy green, then repainted it a blue-gray. I guess what they say is true; third time’s a charm! The journey was worth it, though, because I’m so in love with this glossy green in contrast with the […]
We've been doing this since 2009 and we've posted a whopping 24145+ blog posts and counting. You might need a little help searching, huh?
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Welcome to our online community where we've posted home, DIY, style, renovations, and family since '09. Renovating our #cljmoderncottage in Idaho and headed for new adventures in Raleigh, NC. #cljfam #cljtransformations
Make yourself right at home
What do you think?