This week has been a whirlwind. I surprised Chris with a weekend getaway last week for his birthday, and we ended up rushing home early because of a high fever–he was diagnosed with pneumonia last Friday and it definitely got worse before it got better. But after a week in bed, he is thankfully doing so much better. Still not 100% (the doctor said it could be 6 weeks!) but we had dinner around the table as a family last night (something we generally do every night) and I realized how much I was missing that. It was good to see him up.
While he was down, I did some thrifting and found this cool lamp for $5 and an accordion shade for $3 that I paired with it. I’ve been noticing a shift back to chimney style shades–the triangle shape, and the more exaggerated, the better!–for awhile now and even purchased a pair with a chimney shade for our bedroom (remember this mood board–they finally arrived!). Turns out, not everyone is a fan. hahaha. My DMs blew up with messages that I have “lost my touch” and I couldn’t help but laugh. I think some people may have been scarred by pleated shades of the past or aren’t quite ready to embrace the traditional tidal wave that’s moving into design. But if you do want to dip a toe in, a thrifted option is such a great way to try on the trend without a lot of investment.
We’ll likely put it in our living room for the long term, but I’m loving it on the kitchen counter too!
Other fun things this week!
• The Weekend Type, a curated artist print shop, just launched and I’m loving their Thyme print!
• We are installing a master bedroom in a model home next week and I have loved the challenge of putting together a room with lots of personality on a small budget. I ordered this bed (a refreshing take on the iron beds everywhere right now) and I can’t wait to see it in place!
• You know how when you decide on something you suddenly start seeing it everywhere and it either confirms your decision, or in some cases makes you think twice. In the case of our checkerboard floors going in the dining room–I just keep getting MORE and MORE excited for them with every other example I see. Check out this beautiful bathroom in@parkanddivision’s bathroom. Hubba hubba!
• I’ve been on the hunt for a whiteboard or calendar for our office and I came across this acrylic and brass one that took my breath away!!!
• My coat. THE COAT I can’t stop wearing right now. I don’t think there’s a more me coat. (I got a medium, but it’s naturally oversized so a small would have worked!)
• A diary entry from a 9 year old that has had me laughing for 2 weeks now. (I’m serious!)
• 25% off EVERYTHING at Anthropologie today only! It’s their best sale day all year. You’ll need to sign up for anthroperks which is free and just your email!
• My favorite linen banner is half off (plus, free shipping!)
• I’m in love with this space by Lisa Staton Design. The tones. The paneling. The art ledge. The mix of traditional and modern. Taking so many notes! (psst–a really similar marble side table for a steal!)
• Tonight we are hosting a murder mystery dinner party at our house in lieu of our traditional HUGE halloween party we usually throw (and between me and you, we’re feeling like this might be our new thing). We’ll share all the details on Monday! Have a happy weekend!