Chris and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary next month (Nov. 8th) and are headed to Bora Bora next week to celebrate. Years ago we put a pin in the destination for our 10 year, and I can’t believe it’s almost here! We don’t have much scheduled besides a couple’s massage, lounging in our hut over the water (gah!) and snorkeling–so if you’ve ever been to Bora Bora, we’d love your recommendations! And we’ll be sure to report back on our favorite things, too.
More fun things this week!
• Forever ago, I put together a post about my favorite video and photo editing apps here (along with the presets I like). But I need to go back and add the free Lightroom app. I’ve always been fearful and a little intimidated about my desktop Lightroom (I need someone to sit down with me for 15 minutes and show me around!), but the free app seems easy and intuitive. I purchased the burtsbrisplease preset and love the warm tones. I also recently upgraded my phone to the iPhone Xs Max and the camera is incredible. To be honest, I’ve been using it in place of my big canon recently for convenience sake and it has really kept up. Here’s a couple photos I took this week with it:
Both edited with that preset I mentioned, although I generally adjust the lighting, shadows and warmth a bit. Any other favorite presets for lightroom I should check out?
• Almost anytime I share photos of my home, I get comments about how clean it is and questions about how is that possible with kids. First, I look at having a clean house as kind of part of my job, it’s important that it looks photo ready and tidy almost always. My house=my job. So it’s is a good thing cleaning is also my favorite kind of therapy. But also, we’re a normal family with normal morning rushes and dirty dishes and kids who leave their backpacks in the middle of the living room. Imagine my delight when I discovered “Clean With Me” videos on YouTube. I generally like to tidy before bed and do a quick deeper clean Saturday mornings. I thought it would be fun to do our own Clean With Me Video–this is usually my Saturday routine in our main area. (It took me about an hour in real time).
• Have you dug through H&M’s home stuff lately (or ever?). They have so many beautiful and really affordable options like The most perfect fall tablecloth or this shower curtain that would be so cute in a kid’s bathroom or this fluffy 20×20 pillow cover that’s under $30!
• We finished Making a Murderer season 2 this week (could. not. stop. watching.) and thoroughly agree with all of this.
• Lastly, This weekend all domestic Propertee orders ship free with code SHIPFREE at checkout! (In case you missed it, we launched Homebody V-necks). Here, Chris and I are both wearing our Indoorsy sweatshirts, per usual. (Me in a medium, for a roomy fit, and Chris is wearing a large.) We’ll also be launching Homebody mugs this weekend so keep your eyes peeled!
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home