Last week, I added a few new save and splurge items to my skincare routine I wanted to share. A couple months ago, I tried Lancome’s micellar water as a makeup remover/toner. It worked well, but it was also $40 and I didn’t feel like it was that good. So when it ran out I was looking for a replacement! I was at Target and picked up this bliss makeup melt. I squirt two pumps onto a cotton pad and it literally melts my makeup away. Mascara. Everything. I use my normal face wash (I rotate between Clinique (my favorite! makes my whole face feel alive!), Proactive and an ultra cleansing wash I got from an aesthetician) and then put on this new Thayers toner I also picked up at Target. It smells like a dream (get the rose!) and so far, I’m really loving it and would recommend it! At about the same time I ran out of my under-eye cream (I was using Kiehls super multi-corrective eye pump–I am obsessed with the face cream, the eye serum was just okay) so I picked up this philosophy time in a bottle (beware, it’s $$), but I’m loving it so far. I always have puffy, dark circles under my eyes and I can already see a difference after a week. The last thing I got was this overnight bronze and glow mask. Most facial self tanners make me break out and this one has done the opposite. I really feel like my face looks moisturized and glowy–I wouldn’t say it makes my face super tan or even as bronze as the online picture suggested, just glowy and really hydrated (all plusses for me!). I layer it with my Kiehls lotion, so that could be a factor.
I used to dread my nightly skincare routine, but since finishing our bathroom and organizing all of my products–I actually look forward to it every night! If you missed the tour through all of the drawers in our bathroom, you can watch it here!
Other fun things this week!
• We have a Would You Rather card game in our game closet and I was mortified overhearing our girls reading some of the cards with their friends one day. I immediately went and grabbed the game and said, “this one is just for adults, sorry!” But! The story has a happy ending because I went online and ordered this kids version, which has all the gross, sill, smelly, embarrassing would you rather questions without all the sexual ones. And! It’s bound in book form which is so much better for kids because there is no chance of losing the cards. They have been laughing hysterically and going through every question all week. 5 stars.
• This outdoor shower is dreamy!
• Last year we landscaped in front of our fence on one side of our property around this time and we saved the other side for this year. We brought in a professional to help us lay out what was recommended for our area and what he ended up recommending we were NOT prepared for. By the end of the conversation, I was on board and even excited but it’s still a little bit like chopping off all your hair and starting over. You can watch the whole thing go down here.
• This exfoliator/body polish smells so good. It’s perfect to use pre-self tanner, but I also use it in the shower about twice a week just because I can’t get enough of it. I want to EAT it, it smells so good.
• How positively sweet is this little girl’s room by Sunny Circle Studio?
• I keep waiting for this bowl to go on sale. It would make the coolest centerpiece or sculpture on a shelf or fruit bowl. Or just bowl to collect things in a very stylish way on an entry table. …I should just get it!
• Today only, Urban Outfitter’s deal of the day is up to 50% off all bedding! They have fun duvets and sheets, but I also LOVE to snag a cool set of pillowcases which layers a punch of pattern to any bed on a budget. A few favorites below!
Hope you all have a happy weekend! We’re headed to the drive-in tonight with our girls to see the new Christopher Robin movie! I’ll be back tomorrow with Weekend Sales! :)
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Almost daily I get asked what I would call my home style. I don’t like to box myself in, but I definitely lean Modern Traditional with an emphasis on comfort when it comes to our home. This especially came up when I shared our Powder Bath Reveal on the blog. I think it changes slightly […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home