In the latter half of this week I turned a corner in my surgery recovery and am starting to feel so much better and even was able to get some normal clothes on a few days–more on that in a minute–which is a good thing because we are headed to Des Moines Sunday for a big, exciting project we’ll get to share soon! I can’t thank you enough for all the support and well-wishes this week. I truly believe they are helping heal me so quickly.
Other fun things this week.
• Jen’s Ikea Pax Closet makeover couldn’t have come at a better time. I’m so inspired!!
• I’m so proud of my sister, Victoria, and in love with OLIVIA–her print now available in Jenny’s Print Shop!
• I added this week’s CLJ Q&A to my highlights on Instagram! We talked our biggest renovation regret (that we’re currently still trying to remedy and not cry about), how the cabin’s style will differ from our home, trends, compromise, marriage and more.
• Are you a baseball hat person? I bought my first this week, after always wanting to be but never sure I could pull it off. My friend picked out the perfect one for me (this one in mineral green) and I can’t wait to wear it all summer!
• Go listen to ep #216 and #217 of The Life Coach School Podcast! The episodes are called Vital Changes with Shira Gill and Organization with Shira Gill. I listened to both while tidying up my house one Saturday (before my surgery) and they really resonated with me. I consider myself a fairly organized person with little emotional attachment to material things, but yet I look at our kitchen cabinets and we have sets and sets of plates and cups and silverware and so many mugs and kids plates and pots and pans that we never use! We have no spare cabinet space and it makes no sense. As soon as I am cleared for more activity, I’m going through all my kitchen cabinets and paring down. I’m thinking about making it a sort of challenge we can all do together. Sound fun?
• Now that I interact a lot more with all of you on a daily basis on Instagram Stories, I get a lot more questions about what I’m wearing. This week, I wore a lot of pajamas and sweats, but I also wore:
• This striped shirt dress (so breezy and comfy)
• These boyfriend jeans and this blue striped short-sleeved button up (sleeve length is so good)
• These cropped wide legged jeans and gray pocket tee
• These adidas leggings (athleisure for the win!) and green tie-front top
• And I either wear my go-to black slides, or leather woven ones (mine are from ae and sold out but these look identical and are under $10) every day!