In the latter half of this week I turned a corner in my surgery recovery and am starting to feel so much better and even was able to get some normal clothes on a few days–more on that in a minute–which is a good thing because we are headed to Des Moines Sunday for a big, exciting project we’ll get to share soon! I can’t thank you enough for all the support and well-wishes this week. I truly believe they are helping heal me so quickly.
Other fun things this week.
• Jen’s Ikea Pax Closet makeover couldn’t have come at a better time. I’m so inspired!!
• I’m so proud of my sister, Victoria, and in love with OLIVIA–her print now available in Jenny’s Print Shop!
• I added this week’s CLJ Q&A to my highlights on Instagram! We talked our biggest renovation regret (that we’re currently still trying to remedy and not cry about), how the cabin’s style will differ from our home, trends, compromise, marriage and more.
• Are you a baseball hat person? I bought my first this week, after always wanting to be but never sure I could pull it off. My friend picked out the perfect one for me (this one in mineral green) and I can’t wait to wear it all summer!
• Go listen to ep #216 and #217 of The Life Coach School Podcast! The episodes are called Vital Changes with Shira Gill and Organization with Shira Gill. I listened to both while tidying up my house one Saturday (before my surgery) and they really resonated with me. I consider myself a fairly organized person with little emotional attachment to material things, but yet I look at our kitchen cabinets and we have sets and sets of plates and cups and silverware and so many mugs and kids plates and pots and pans that we never use! We have no spare cabinet space and it makes no sense. As soon as I am cleared for more activity, I’m going through all my kitchen cabinets and paring down. I’m thinking about making it a sort of challenge we can all do together. Sound fun?
• Now that I interact a lot more with all of you on a daily basis on Instagram Stories, I get a lot more questions about what I’m wearing. This week, I wore a lot of pajamas and sweats, but I also wore:
• This striped shirt dress (so breezy and comfy)
• These boyfriend jeans and this blue striped short-sleeved button up (sleeve length is so good)
• These cropped wide legged jeans and gray pocket tee
• These adidas leggings (athleisure for the win!) and green tie-front top
• And I either wear my go-to black slides, or leather woven ones (mine are from ae and sold out but these look identical and are under $10) every day!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home