• Last week, our family traveled to Southern California for a short, little getaway. We brought the girls to Disneyland, ate some amazing food, stopped by the beach and even swung by the new McGee & Co storefront in Costa Mesa since it was just minutes away from our hotel. (We stayed at the beautiful Avenue of the Arts hotel). And look who I ran into!
Shea and I have become good friends over the years (and even had her on the podcast twice!), so it was hard to believe that it was our first time meeting but she’s just as delightful as you’d expect. And the store, the store is heaven. There are so many beautiful vignettes and moments in a small space and yet it doesn’t feel crowded. They had this pennant hanging in the back of one of the shelves and it’s perfect for the cabin, right?
• I’ve had a lot of questions about how my eyes are doing–thank you for your concern! For those of you who don’t know, in February of this year I went in for Lasik eye surgery and they ended up doing PRK at the last minute. My experience and recovery were awful and unexpected. I wrote about it a month later, in March, right here. But now that were 3 months out, I thought I owed you another update on the healing process.
It took a solid 6 weeks for my vision to return to a state where I felt safe driving, or could even craft a blog post on my own. But it wasn’t until very recently that I realized my vision has been more good than bad. I have noticed it still comes and goes occasionally (they said it could take 6 months) but for the most part I’m enjoying good vision 24 hours a day. My eyes are still dry, but not as bad as they were even a few weeks ago. I always carry drops with me and use them as needed. There are still times that I’ll rub my eye a little too harsh and and it will send pain all the way to the back of my head! But! I’m so grateful I can see now. It’s so nice to travel and not bring all my contacts and solution and glasses. My morning and nighttime routine feel so much easier, too.
• In yesterday’s post, I had so many questions about the denim I was wearing. No, they weren’t overalls–I was wearing these wide-legged cropped jeans! A new silhouette for me and I’m obsessed with the fit. They’re so comfortable and I love the way they look with a simple tee tucked in. (they fit TTS). Bonus! They’re 40% off right now right here with code SWEETTREAT!…as is everything else on that site!
• Speaking of tees, our Homebody ProperTee is now available in black per your request! And we also released two more designs this week!! Mug Life and Love Thy Neighborhood. We’re currently looking at Vneck options and shipping internationally–And have a promising lead. :)
• Our bathroom renovation is due to wrap up in about 2 weeks and we’ll likely be able to roll our clothes back into the closet area (we tore out all the hanging bars) sometime this weekend. And while I have been dreaming of what our closet could be for years–we have no concrete plans yet. Eek. It hit me last night–No one else is going to design that closet but me. Haha. I know I have to get on it! But, at the same time, my brain feels drained of decisions from the master bathroom. I feel like I need time to refresh, but will likely be pinning closets all weekend, while convincing Chris living off of rolling bars and plastic bins for another few weeks isn’t so bad?
• Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I have been writing a post about motherhood and infertility and loss and all the emotions that I’ve experienced over the last 9 years that come with those things for a few weeks now. I’m not sure when I’ll feel ready to hit publish on it (are you ever really ready?) but I have all the love for motherhood, at every stage, in every form, and my heart is with those that have the love and worry and heartache only a mother possesses this very special weekend.