• Thank you so much for your enthusiasm behind the launch of our t-shirt line, ProperTee yesterday! We can’t wait to see you all in your shirts and to release more designs we have in the pipeline. Amazon Prime shipping is fantastic, right?! ;) Fun fact: Chris came up with the name ProperTee (a play on property) and I am basically indebted to him forever because of it.
• The weather shifted this week, at last! And I feel like it might stick this time. No more snow, right Idaho? To celebrate, we started setting up the deck. Uncovering the fireplace, putting together our new longer sofas–obsessed with the white-washed wood! We have a couple big projects we’re doing out here next week–and then I’ll share some more pulled back photos.
• We are leaving for a quick family trip to California this weekend and it’s honestly the worst timing, but I’m trying to shift my mindset and have a little fun while we’re there instead of focusing on all the projects we’re leaving in behind for a few days. We’re taking the girls to Disneyland (our first time!) and visiting the beach and spending so much time as a family–that part, I can’t wait for. I got a couple new swimsuits this year for the occasion, but this poppy red floral one with ruffle sleeves is hands down the best one! So sweet and flattering. (I sized up since I’m tall).
• Last weekend, I took 9 of my girlfriends up to our cabin for a sleepover and it was the best time. We ate so much food, took a hundred pictures together, played cards against humanity, did fun facials, tried mBerry tablets that made every crazy sour thing you could think of taste sweet—we were downing lemons!–and just had the kind of real, deep conversations about life that you can have with your best friends. At the crack of dawn, I woke up and hiked a little up our property to catch a glimpse of our cabin with the mountains and water in the background and I felt re-invigorated for this project we took on and this place that we get to call our own. …and then I spotted huge bear tracks (for real!) and ran back inside.
• Can we talk about deodorant for a second? Would that be weird? I have super sensitive skin and after having Polly, it has gotten worse (I have hashimoto’s and after having babies, my body always basically attacks itself for a good while.) All that to say, I cannot find a good natural deodorant that works! I was using fragrance free Dove for years, which didn’t bother me until it did. Then I switched to Native–the coconut vanilla scent is out of this world but I feel like it just isn’t working great! I workout hard every morning and am on the go all day and would love to find something that can keep up, but also is easy on the skin. Gimme your recs!
• Lastly, if you missed our mother’s day gift guide earlier this week–check it out here!
Have a happy weekend! I’ll be laying out tile patterns for the bathroom today if you want to follow along on stories! @chrislovesjulia
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Almost daily I get asked what I would call my home style. I don’t like to box myself in, but I definitely lean Modern Traditional with an emphasis on comfort when it comes to our home. This especially came up when I shared our Powder Bath Reveal on the blog. I think it changes slightly […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home