Willow has been acting off. We brought her into the vet and discovered she slipped a disc in her back. We got medication for her and have been trying to help her rest, per her doctor’s orders, but she’s still not acting like herself. It’s so hard to know that something is wrong with your pet but not know how to best help them.
• Chris and I are headed to Jackson, WY for an overnighter this weekend to relax and gather cabin-y inspiration for our upcoming renovations at the A-frame. Booking.com is giving all of our followers $30 off their booking, too! Just click here.
• The Land of Nod is now Crate&Kids!! They were always under the Crate & Barrel umbrella, but now they are one in the same. Right on the C&B site. I’m loving the update.
• My favorite Madewell tie-front tee is on sale for under $30 right now. It comes in six colors (the white is not see through which makes it just about perfect) and ties in just the right spot–hides all the softness, ya know!?
• @StudioAshby is one of my new favorite accounts to follow. Sophie Ashby is a London based Interior Designer and every photo…just drool-worthy.
• Since my eye surgery (It seems to be getting better every day), I’ve been scared to wear mascara or makeup because of having to remove it. I’ve usually used makeup remover towelettes, cleansers or even those makeup erasers–but all of those still required me to scrub/rub my eyes pretty good–something I just can’t do right now and not sure when I would feel comfortable doing so. I picked up this Bye Bye Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm–and it is magic! It lives up to its name and just melted the makeup right off (even my mascara!) with no rubbing at all. Plus, it has anti-aging serum built in. It left my face soft and makeup free with minimal effort. I’m hooked.
• Our sweet Faye cut her hair this week. I mean–completely butchered it up. To the scalp in the front (of course right in the front). When I shared the incident on my Instagram, I probably received 1500 messages from moms who had a similar story. It happens. It was completely shocking when I saw what she had done (she had a cute shoulder-length bob beforehand), but the next morning I took her to Supercuts before school and she now has the cutest pixie cut.
The funny thing is, Greta, for all the mischief she used to get in, never cut her hair! Haha. I never expected it from Faye, but now her craft scissors are on lock down.
Hope you have a great weekend!!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
In case you missed the announcement in our Love Letter, the wallpaper is officially installed in the laundry room, and I could not be ANY MORE IN LOVE! My ultimate goal for the laundry room was to create a space that is fresh, clean, bright, and a little utilitarian (the straight-laid tile floors definitely bring that). With […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home