Last night, we had a professional contractor come and take a look at our master bathroom. (See our most recent plans here!) Take measurements, give us advice, and write up a bid. The truth is, we are considering hiring out a good portion of the work. It’s really difficult to get a big project, like a bathroom, done with a little baby around and two other little ones and the master bathroom is not something we have the luxury of taking our time to complete. Not to mention, with such a large layout/plumbing shift–there are a lot of major things that can go wrong. When he arrived, we handed over our sketch of what we were thinking, hesitantly, and all the questions and he answered every one! He helped us feel confident in the direction we were going. He offered us solutions for the areas we were concerned about–is the toilet closet large enough? He told us he had the best cabinet maker for our vanity and widening a little here and narrowing a little there would really maximize the space.
At the end of our visit–he was probably here an hour–I felt really excited about our future bathroom. The layout is finalized and now we’re moving on to materials which feels exciting, but also like, how will I ever decide between a wood or black vanity?! Lots more bathroom posts coming!
More fun things this week!
• In addition to a nice night out, Chris and I love to get each other a little something for Valentine’s day–nothing big. Usually something sentimental or handmade just to say:
• The most dramatic quiz yet. (I got Tia)
• Almost 11 years ago exactly, while I was feeling particularly sad for myself–I decided that the way to turn that around was to be happy for other people’s successes. And I’ve been striving to live my life that way ever since. This tweet popped up in my feed this week and I couldn’t retweet it fast enough, because the mindset has changed my everything.
• We ordered this rug for the cabin master bedroom and, talk about jumping the gun, but I can’t wait to see it in the bedroom there…that we have so many other things we need to do to.
• A week ago, on our weekend sale post, I posted about this black welcome mat that I was eyeing that had gone on sale. It arrived and I couldn’t put it down fast enough. I didn’t know I needed a black welcome mat until I found this one. And it’s incredible quality, with inset letters.
Happy Friday, friends!