Two weeks ago, I found my trusty handheld magnifying mirror (I got when I was 18!) cracked in the garbage. Our three year old said, it was broken so she threw it away–hmm! I didn’t realize how often I used it until it wasn’t there–like, every day. Almost at the same time Simple Human asked if we wanted to review any products for the holidays and offer our readers a discount–YES! We have and love their automatic soap dispenser (read more about that here), but I was in need of a new mirror and heard rave reviews about this one. It arrived earlier this week, while my mom was here helping me, and she started laughing because I was getting maybe a little too excited about the features of this thing. She said, “You should be filming this! It’s like a commercial!” The light turns on automatically when I put my face in front of it. The lighting adjusts with a wave of the hand. The magnifying is just the right amount. It charges instead of having to change a battery and the coloring of the light (you know I’m big on that!) makes your skin look SO true to life. Did it make me immediately want to give myself a facial (because yikes!)–you bet. The best news? Our readers get 15% off anything from Simple Human right here (woot!!) with promo code CLOVESJ15! (Side note: You can see it in action on my Instagram Stories today. I’m sharing my 5 minutes makeup routine)
Other fun things this week!
• I loved this post about preparing dogs for babies.
• I got this beaded top last week and already wore it to two holiday events! For under $30, it sure packs a lot of class.
• I really love this fresh take on the Faux Fiddle Leaf—and the price.
• Polly turned 4 months old a couple weeks ago and she is just, honestly, the sweetest cutest thing in existence. She’s had a rough time lately, trying to recover from croup, but anytime she catches my eye–she’s all smiles. It melts me. I want a baby Polly forever and ever. Also, her new nickname is Rolly Polly because she’s getting the hang of that!
• The darkest material on earth. (so fascinating!)
• Lastly, if you’re looking for a last minute gift, you can use the code CHRISJULIA15 at Framebridge through Sunday (12/17) for 15% off everything and guaranteed Christmas delivery. I uploaded and framed this old family photo for my mom (she’s the second one in on the left) in their Bowery frame, and I just know she’s going to cry–the good kind.