Two weeks ago, I found my trusty handheld magnifying mirror (I got when I was 18!) cracked in the garbage. Our three year old said, it was broken so she threw it away–hmm! I didn’t realize how often I used it until it wasn’t there–like, every day. Almost at the same time Simple Human asked if we wanted to review any products for the holidays and offer our readers a discount–YES! We have and love their automatic soap dispenser (read more about that here), but I was in need of a new mirror and heard rave reviews about this one. It arrived earlier this week, while my mom was here helping me, and she started laughing because I was getting maybe a little too excited about the features of this thing. She said, “You should be filming this! It’s like a commercial!” The light turns on automatically when I put my face in front of it. The lighting adjusts with a wave of the hand. The magnifying is just the right amount. It charges instead of having to change a battery and the coloring of the light (you know I’m big on that!) makes your skin look SO true to life. Did it make me immediately want to give myself a facial (because yikes!)–you bet. The best news? Our readers get 15% off anything from Simple Human right here (woot!!) with promo code CLOVESJ15! (Side note: You can see it in action on my Instagram Stories today. I’m sharing my 5 minutes makeup routine)
Other fun things this week!
• I loved this post about preparing dogs for babies.
• I got this beaded top last week and already wore it to two holiday events! For under $30, it sure packs a lot of class.
• I really love this fresh take on the Faux Fiddle Leaf—and the price.
• Polly turned 4 months old a couple weeks ago and she is just, honestly, the sweetest cutest thing in existence. She’s had a rough time lately, trying to recover from croup, but anytime she catches my eye–she’s all smiles. It melts me. I want a baby Polly forever and ever. Also, her new nickname is Rolly Polly because she’s getting the hang of that!
• The darkest material on earth. (so fascinating!)
• Lastly, if you’re looking for a last minute gift, you can use the code CHRISJULIA15 at Framebridge through Sunday (12/17) for 15% off everything and guaranteed Christmas delivery. I uploaded and framed this old family photo for my mom (she’s the second one in on the left) in their Bowery frame, and I just know she’s going to cry–the good kind.
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Over the weekend Brooke (our social media manager) and I went to the Parade of Homes in the Raleigh area and it was so fun to get a feel of how other people in our new area are living and living large! The purpose of the parade is so that home builders and designers can […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home