Earlier this week, we had a dinner and game night with some of our friends at our cabin and it could have been the mountain air, or how we left all of our 8 kids (excluding Polly) at home with babysitters, but it was exhilarating playing games, acting silly and making an
pyramid a-frame in our a-frame to document it all. My advice–don’t wait until your house is perfect to have people over. Throw the house-warming party first thing and jumpstart the memories. Not only will it immediately feel more like home, but there’s no better way to celebrate. We sat on a mix of furniture that was left behind (including patio chairs) and had the best time.
Other fun things this week!
• Mark your calendars! Next Saturday, November 18, 2017 from 1pm to 3pm, Chris and I will be at the Sleep Number store in Idaho Falls, ID for a meet and greet with refreshments, photos and we’ll be offering free bedroom design advice–I’m even bringing my paint decks. So if you’re in the area, please come! We’d love to meet you and chat about help you make your bedroom a beautiful, comfortable sanctuary.
• I purchased these beautiful, small wooden trees (so inexpensive!) a few days ago as a part of our holiday decor. I plopped them on the shelves in the reading room and I think they’ll work all winter long! I love them so much for their simplicity and the two sizes side by side are perfect for on top of a stack of books. (Update! They’ll ship for free using promo code TREAT all weekend)
• Speaking of holiday decor, these stockings!! Even though I already ordered monogrammed stockings for our family this year, with the addition of Polly and Willow I had to!, I set myself an alarm to at least check the pricing on these. Because, I would pay $$!!!
• We’re anxious to get started renovating the A-frame, but now I’m in a major planning stage. Follow along on my Cabin board on Pinterest to see where we’re headed!
• I posted the photo below on my Instagram Stories before we headed up to the cabin and I’ve never received more inquiries in my Instagram life regarding the sources in the photo. Here are my boots. My overnight bag is from Walker Family Goods. We backed them in their kickstarter earlier this year, but their shop is now open! Yay! My bedding is from here.
• I rarely spend over $30 for a shirt (I’d rather buy a throw pillow, honestly) but I splurged on this North Face turtleneck “poncho” and I have zero regrets. The proportions are spot on, it’s so cozy and I want it in every color now. (I got a small/medium black)
• Lastly, today’s the last day to enter the $500 Arhaus giveaway! Head to this post to enter.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! We’re starting a big bathroom renovation this weekend and a series of how-to videos for Lowe’s YouTube channel and I’m trying to kick this cold I’ve had for 2 weeks at the same time. Somehow I think the cold isn’t going anywhere.
I am looking for your comment in which you mention the source for your boots! I have scoured your past posts and can find you mentioning them, but not the source. Sorry to bring up old topics!!!
I don’t know where else to say this – but this page and the newest one about white elephant presents aren’t showing up on your homepage. No need to post this officially, I just thought you might want to know.
I don’t want to be that person…but here I go…I love Source Naturals Wellness Formula. Take it several times a day when sick. They make pills, liquid and an alcohol free kids liquid (my choice). Sold on amazon as well!
Meet and greet!! I can’t wait! And the cabin looks so dreamy already, I can’t wait to see what you do with it.
omg, those stockings! Thanks for sharing :D
Meet and greet! We’re there. We love our Walker bags! They are the perfect size! Your cabin is an absolute dream! The views are breathtaking! I need your boots and I think that’s all. Happiest Friday!! My favorite post of the week is always your casual news.
Congrats on the cabin purchase, you guys! Can’t wait to follow along! Also, I would LOVE to know where you ended up getting your monogrammed stockings from! I’ve been on the hunt for good ones. Thank you!
Where did you guys buy your stockings from? We have a new addition too and I am trying to figure out who has the best and where to buy from!
We did the kickstarter for the bags as well – all YOUR fault! – and I am quite happy with mine!
So sad to miss a meet up in Idaho Falls! (We’ll be in SLC for Disney on Ice.) Congrats on the cabin purchase and thank you for being an inspiration on prioritizing gathering and friendship in spite of unfinished spaces! I love that.
Do you do essential oils? I didn’t use them even though my daughter sells them. I usually battle a cold for weeks!
I got some Thieves from her and put on my feet at night for a few nights & my cold went away! It’s also great to diffuse and helps prevent it.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
We recently painted our study a dark, moody green color. This is after we first painted it a muddy green, then repainted it a blue-gray. I guess what they say is true; third time’s a charm! The journey was worth it, though, because I’m so in love with this glossy green in contrast with the […]
We've been doing this since 2009 and we've posted a whopping 24145+ blog posts and counting. You might need a little help searching, huh?
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Welcome to our online community where we've posted home, DIY, style, renovations, and family since '09. Renovating our #cljmoderncottage in Idaho and headed for new adventures in Raleigh, NC. #cljfam #cljtransformations
Make yourself right at home
What do you think?