Earlier this week, we had a dinner and game night with some of our friends at our cabin and it could have been the mountain air, or how we left all of our 8 kids (excluding Polly) at home with babysitters, but it was exhilarating playing games, acting silly and making an
pyramid a-frame in our a-frame to document it all. My advice–don’t wait until your house is perfect to have people over. Throw the house-warming party first thing and jumpstart the memories. Not only will it immediately feel more like home, but there’s no better way to celebrate. We sat on a mix of furniture that was left behind (including patio chairs) and had the best time.
Other fun things this week!
• Mark your calendars! Next Saturday, November 18, 2017 from 1pm to 3pm, Chris and I will be at the Sleep Number store in Idaho Falls, ID for a meet and greet with refreshments, photos and we’ll be offering free bedroom design advice–I’m even bringing my paint decks. So if you’re in the area, please come! We’d love to meet you and chat about help you make your bedroom a beautiful, comfortable sanctuary.
• I purchased these beautiful, small wooden trees (so inexpensive!) a few days ago as a part of our holiday decor. I plopped them on the shelves in the reading room and I think they’ll work all winter long! I love them so much for their simplicity and the two sizes side by side are perfect for on top of a stack of books. (Update! They’ll ship for free using promo code TREAT all weekend)
• Speaking of holiday decor, these stockings!! Even though I already ordered monogrammed stockings for our family this year, with the addition of Polly and Willow I had to!, I set myself an alarm to at least check the pricing on these. Because, I would pay $$!!!
• We’re anxious to get started renovating the A-frame, but now I’m in a major planning stage. Follow along on my Cabin board on Pinterest to see where we’re headed!
• I posted the photo below on my Instagram Stories before we headed up to the cabin and I’ve never received more inquiries in my Instagram life regarding the sources in the photo. Here are my boots. My overnight bag is from Walker Family Goods. We backed them in their kickstarter earlier this year, but their shop is now open! Yay! My bedding is from here.
• I rarely spend over $30 for a shirt (I’d rather buy a throw pillow, honestly) but I splurged on this North Face turtleneck “poncho” and I have zero regrets. The proportions are spot on, it’s so cozy and I want it in every color now. (I got a small/medium black)
• Lastly, today’s the last day to enter the $500 Arhaus giveaway! Head to this post to enter.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! We’re starting a big bathroom renovation this weekend and a series of how-to videos for Lowe’s YouTube channel and I’m trying to kick this cold I’ve had for 2 weeks at the same time. Somehow I think the cold isn’t going anywhere.