This week was one of those that felt never-ending. I think it had something to do with Halloween being on Tuesday, which made it feel like Friday and then we woke up and it was only Wednesday. Anyone else?
We’ve taken on a lot of campaigns in the next few weeks, which means a LOT of exciting work behind the scenes before the holidays really kick into gear around here; Including renovating a whole bathroom next week (not our own) on camera, and one other REALLY big project we’ll introduce on Tuesday. Any guesses??
Other fun things this week
• While we’re not decorating for Christmas around here YET, my mind is definitely already there keeping an eye open for good gift ideas and steals. This year, we really wanted to get (or build!) the girls a dress up rack for Christmas. And a rack is not complete without dress-up. We have some, but I added a ton more yesterday when I hit up Target and all of their costumes were 50% off in store! Run! Here are a few racks that I’m loving, too:
• We were really worried about Willow before our big party. She is so shy and we weren’t sure how she’d react to so many people in our home. We prepared a comfy spot for her in the laundry room and in the garage that we could completely close off if she seemed anxious, but to our surprise, she completely thrived! She visited with everyone and was so happy to have her chin and ears scratched by every single person. And ever since, she has seemed even more settled here. There is always a transition period when you re-home a dog. I remember Charly cried for a few days and Willow started barking when Chris made eye contact with her (I think she was telling him to take her back home). I’m not sure when or why it finally clicked, but after multiple walks a day always coming back to our house, lots of love and attention and a lot of dog treats–Willow finally seems at home here. We still have moments of shyness–it was starting to rain a few days ago and I really wanted her to come inside but no treat or coaxing was going to stop her from walking backwards away from the door. But then the multiple times when we’re on our walk and she stops just to lick my hand, or when she starts wagging her tail, even while laying down, when I walk by, or when she greets us at the front door, gives me the confidence that maybe she’s happy here.
• World Market is having a huge 40% off all furniture sale with code FURNSALE. Headboards for under $200. Sofas under $400. Blanket ladders for $60! I’m in love with this sale.
• Polly turned 3 months old this week! She is our smiliest, chubbiest, chattiest baby. She is sleeping well through the night, but nurses about every 2-2.5 hours during the day. I just want to pause time and soak her in every second. I love how her whole face and body transforms when she smiles. It melts me every time.
• This is the leopard print cardigan that I was wearing in my stories yesterday that I received no less than 100 messages about. I got a medium, and it’s roomy and cozy. (Could definitely wear a small, too!) Here’s a similar one from Target.
• Found the only master bathroom inspiration pic I’m gonna need. Drool! (via Studio Muir)
• This may seem like a weird recommendation, because mixing bowls?, but these mixing bowls are as beautiful as they are stylish. The non-slip bottom is so nice and the gold feels really fancy on our open shelves. (we bought 2 sets!)
Hope you all have a happy weekend! We’re all trying to kick colds around here and it may snow, so slippers, soup and snuggles are on the schedule.
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Almost daily I get asked what I would call my home style. I don’t like to box myself in, but I definitely lean Modern Traditional with an emphasis on comfort when it comes to our home. This especially came up when I shared our Powder Bath Reveal on the blog. I think it changes slightly […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home