Area Rug | Outdoor Sofa | Pouf | Fireplace DIY | White Chairs | Plaid Blanket (from Target’s dollar section!) | Coffee Table | Gray Striped Pillow | Fringe Pillow | Terra Cotta Planter | Copper firewood basket
Yesterday was a perfect fall day, I wish we could hold onto it forever. 60 degrees and the most gorgeous fall leaves lining our property. We turned on our fireplace (we recently converted it to gas! details on that soon) and sat outside and soaked it all in. We put our deck furniture in storage for the winter and I’m going to miss looking outside and seeing this every day.
More fun things this week!
• @thefauxmartha is one of my favorite Instagram accounts to follow and yesterday she had this beautiful graphic in her stories. When I told her how gorgeous it was, she said “I edited it in snapped and did the text overlay in there! It was magic.” So, she’s a magician in every sense.
• This bow-neck sweater from JCrew Factory would be so beautiful in holiday pictures!
• Every guy at every hardware store…(I am STILL cracking up!)
• How cool is this hand vase? (Do you think it comes with those florals? ;)
• Sometimes when I’m nursing Polly, I buy things and then I forget about it until they arrive, sometimes I don’t even remember buying it–it’s dangerous. And I’ve done this with baby. I’ve order art, home decor, clothing, shoes. Last night, at 4:30 am I bought these Birkenstocks for something warm and cozy to slip on during the colder months and this morning, I’m questioning…are they cute? Or were my feet just cold?
• The other day I snapped this photo with my phone when I caught Faye talking to herself in the mirror. I remember, as a little girl, doing the same thing when I would do “Cleaning Shows” while it was my turn to clean the bathroom. Which, I mean, why aren’t cleaning shows a thing!? (See more of their bathroom, with all the sources, here!)
Hope you have a wonderful weekend! We have so many big projects coming up, it almost feels like this is our last weekend to just relax until Christmas!
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
The next project we’re checking off our 2023 project list is the mudroom! This used to be the laundry room until we built out a much bigger, better laundry room upstairs. So, in the meantime, this space has been exclusively Cricket’s room. Cricket will still have a special space here, but we’re transforming this dingy […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home