Over two years ago, we made this raised feeding station for Charly–you can read the easy tutorial right here. This week, on my Instagram stories I showed that we updated it (the scrap wood we used previously wasn’t the best choice of wood) using a stair tread we stained and sealed and attached to the same cheap brackets we used previously that I had spray-painted gold. It was the easiest upgrade and looks so much better now–love that rounded edge! I got hundreds of messages asking if we were going to sell these–we’re not, but you can easily make your own. I know it!
Other fun things this week!
• We often get asked our go-to places to shop for _____, so we decided to put it all in one spot. It’s still a work in progress, but check out our Where We Shop Page for our favorite sources to get everything from rugs, to art to furnishings, pillows and more!
• Old Navy is having a 30% off sale, today only! Which means my favorite jeans are on super sale! These gray ones are only $21 at checkout. These Rockstars and these boyfriends are also on constant rotation!
• I’ve been tweaking our living room, rearranging art and lamps and plants, and it’s finally to a place that feels just right. Sometimes when you get a major new thing, it takes a while for the “this is different. this is new. this feels weird.” phase to rub off and home to sink back in again. It feels like home again around here, but in an even deeper way. There used to be a long list of things in our house that felt a little off or we knew we’d change down the line…and now we’ve remedied almost all of them. Well, except mind and Chris’s corner of the house. That’s next! (Psst! this laptop stand is heaven sent.)
• World Market is having a sale! 20% off all regularly priced items, which means our faux fiddle leaf tree (that we get so many inquiries about!) is going to be $153 shipped (can’t beat that price!) and this beautiful, cognac leather chair that I’ve been eyeing but have no place for is FINALLY ON SALE…and I still have no place for it.
• The prettiest velvet pumpkins.
Hope you all have a wonderful first weekend of fall. We have a big 3 day photoshoot starting on Monday with a major magazine and although the inside of the house feels ready (we’ve been deep cleaning every inch!), it’s been non-stop rain all week outside and I’m getting concerned we’re not going to be able to get the outdoor cooking area done. Here’s hoping for a break in the weather. Also! We’ll be doing an Instagram live on Sunday walking through our home! After our most recent house tour video, the requests have poured in to do a slower walk through, so I hope you’ll join us over there @chrislovesjulia on Sunday!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Over the weekend Brooke (our social media manager) and I went to the Parade of Homes in the Raleigh area and it was so fun to get a feel of how other people in our new area are living and living large! The purpose of the parade is so that home builders and designers can […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home