Over two years ago, we made this raised feeding station for Charly–you can read the easy tutorial right here. This week, on my Instagram stories I showed that we updated it (the scrap wood we used previously wasn’t the best choice of wood) using a stair tread we stained and sealed and attached to the same cheap brackets we used previously that I had spray-painted gold. It was the easiest upgrade and looks so much better now–love that rounded edge! I got hundreds of messages asking if we were going to sell these–we’re not, but you can easily make your own. I know it!
Other fun things this week!
• We often get asked our go-to places to shop for _____, so we decided to put it all in one spot. It’s still a work in progress, but check out our Where We Shop Page for our favorite sources to get everything from rugs, to art to furnishings, pillows and more!
• Old Navy is having a 30% off sale, today only! Which means my favorite jeans are on super sale! These gray ones are only $21 at checkout. These Rockstars and these boyfriends are also on constant rotation!
• I’ve been tweaking our living room, rearranging art and lamps and plants, and it’s finally to a place that feels just right. Sometimes when you get a major new thing, it takes a while for the “this is different. this is new. this feels weird.” phase to rub off and home to sink back in again. It feels like home again around here, but in an even deeper way. There used to be a long list of things in our house that felt a little off or we knew we’d change down the line…and now we’ve remedied almost all of them. Well, except mind and Chris’s corner of the house. That’s next! (Psst! this laptop stand is heaven sent.)
• World Market is having a sale! 20% off all regularly priced items, which means our faux fiddle leaf tree (that we get so many inquiries about!) is going to be $153 shipped (can’t beat that price!) and this beautiful, cognac leather chair that I’ve been eyeing but have no place for is FINALLY ON SALE…and I still have no place for it.
• The prettiest velvet pumpkins.
Hope you all have a wonderful first weekend of fall. We have a big 3 day photoshoot starting on Monday with a major magazine and although the inside of the house feels ready (we’ve been deep cleaning every inch!), it’s been non-stop rain all week outside and I’m getting concerned we’re not going to be able to get the outdoor cooking area done. Here’s hoping for a break in the weather. Also! We’ll be doing an Instagram live on Sunday walking through our home! After our most recent house tour video, the requests have poured in to do a slower walk through, so I hope you’ll join us over there @chrislovesjulia on Sunday!