Our baby girl is one month old today. She is the sweetest little chub, weighing in at over 11 pounds now. Sleeps 6 and 7 hour stretches at night and loves to be cuddled all day long. Yesterday, Chris was on Polly duty for a few hours while I was trying to wrap up some work and I physically missed her after she was absent in my arms just in between nursing sessions. It’s amazing how quickly you fall for them, isn’t it? We put our girls down for bed and then spend the next few hours watching the video monitors for their every move.
If you are a long-time reader, you may remember that we struggled with infertility for years. We immediately started trying for our second when Greta, our oldest, was just 9 months old and there ended up being over 4 years between our 1st and 2nd and now, over 3 years between our 2nd and 3rd. When we started building our family, we imagined our children to be very close in age–just how I grew up!–and it just didn’t happen that way. It was hard and heart-wrenching at times, but now that our whole family is here, I can’t imagine our family any different. I can barely remember why I wanted babies so close! A seven and a half year span between Greta and Polly is perfect. Three girls is perfect. Why do people keep asking us if we’re going to “try for a boy”?!–It’s the worst question. We are no longer longing and are now just focusing on taking in this beautiful life we’re creating. I’ll never get enough of seeing our oldest daughter cuddling our youngest.
As much as our lives have transformed over the last month, our living room is also slowly transitioning for a big, three day photoshoot we have at the end of this month. The most exciting addition being the arrival of the 91″ Charly sofa we designed with Interior Define.
And, good news–the entire Charly line is included in their annual sale! Just once a year, Interior Define has a 15% off sale and it starts today, September 1 and goes through the 20th. Our full line is now available (including sleeper sofas!) and it’s the best time to snatch one up for a good deal. The free swatches arrive quickly, but if you need extra help, I have all 70 fabric swatches that our line is available in and am happy to answer questions. :) You can shop the sale right here.
Other fun things this week!
• We got a bunch of fun accessories from McGee & Co for the girls’ bathroom this week and I just saw they are having free shipping this weekend with the code SHIPFREE! Can I recommend this hand towel and this first aid box? Definitely favorites!
• Couldn’t be happier for Elsie’s news this week!
• Just the words of wisdom we all need in this internet world.
• The power of a clean room.
• Silver Dollar Eucalyptus is basically the new fiddle leaf fig and I purchased some really good faux branches a couple weeks ago. I showed it in my Instagram Stories one day and every day since, I get 1000 messages asking where I got it–RIGHT HERE. I purchased 2 and they look very beautiful and realistic sitting in our entry…which I still have to update you all on.
Hope you all have a fantastic Labor Day weekend! We’re going to attempt a day trip on Sunday and I feel excited to get out of the house a bit, but also a little anxious about the 8 hour round trip with little ones. Any fun plans on your end!?