I’m remembering all over again how difficult the final days and weeks of pregnancy are. I feel like I’ve been going 100 mph and this week, at 39 weeks, it all came crashing down. Off and on contractions–sometimes for 12 hours at a time–that was disappointing. The sheer exhaustion contrasted by the urge to clean all the things. Getting stuck sitting on the floor with only Faye to help me up (feel free to laugh at that one.) We have had landscapers here all week working on the side yard (ahh! it’s looking so good!) and called in someone to help with the bathroom downstairs, since I no longer feel capable. Subconsciously, I don’t know if I have felt ready to have this little girl with so much going on, but I am trying to clear my mind and my schedule so that, you know, I can relax a little and have a BABY!
Speaking of our third little girl, we’ve had a lot of inquiries about her name. While we do have a name picked out (and on lockdown until her arrival), deciding on a third name for a girl that goes with Greta and Faye took some time. So we thought we’d share the top 10 other names that we liked or loved, but won’t be using.
As far as boy names go, we’ve never really got too deep into that discussion. But there are 4 favorites that we always kept in our back pockets, just in case: Linus, Ernest, Frank and Teddy. <3
Other fun things this week!
• Melissa’s “Minnesota Modern Backyard” transformation is beyond inspiring. It was such an awkward shape and she transformed it into something beautiful and functional and d-r-e-a-m-y.
• This clean and classic growth chart (that I’m obsessed with) is on sale for $10–but it only goes up to 5′. Which is kind of a problem for us because our 7 year old is already 4’8″!! Ha!
• This week, I was sent some really beautiful flowers and I realized that despite fighting it for so long, YES! BUY ME ALL THE FLOWERS. But also, clean counters will always brighten my day, too. (Side note: This post about really beautiful faux greenery and how to style them was definitely noted–how are those not real!?)
• Land Of Nod is having their Friends & Family sale, and EVERYTHING is at least 20% off. I’ve got my eye on this polar bear play mat, these cuter than cute rattles, and if you’ve never checked out their lighting section–it’s NOT just for kids. This super chic plug-in wall sconce is on sale for $79 and I’d put it in my living room in a heartbeat, and I’ve seen so many people utilize these clip on modern brass lamps (on sale for $47) in beautiful shelving.
• I did something I’ve never done this week and sold something on eBay! Some of you may remember last year I bought a nice (but expensive) tilt-shift lens for my camera. I ended up only using it once or twice before I realized I actually didn’t prefer it. It’s been boxed up ever since. I’ve had my eye on the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Standard Zoom Lens–which I’ve heard nothing but wonderful things about, but the price tag has had me hesitating, even though I knew it would be a good investment for improving my photography and for the blog. I decided to make a listing on eBay (it was actually really easy) for my tilt-shift lens. I did an auction starting at $950 and it ended up selling for over $1300 (!!)–which funded nearly all of my new lens that I’m loving so much. Have you ever sold anything on eBay? I’m already ready to try again!
• Lastly, I ventured into the baby section of the Nordstrom sale (so many cute things!) and fell hard for these 6 things:
Hope you all have a happy weekend. Send me all the positive labor vibes you got!