One morning, after swim lessons, Faye was so cold she took off her wet bathing suit and jumped immediately in our bed and watched Frozen Fever probably 5 times. (Our sheets are and duvet are from here.)
This week was a little hectic around here, between trying to juggle current projects and aiming to get a little ahead on other projects (you know, in case I have a baby in the next month), and catching up on a lot of computer work–plus launching our new site design! Thank you so much for all the great feedback on it. We really wanted it to feel clean and user friendly and it’s so good to hear that many of you thought it was exactly that. For the most part, I think we got all the kinks out, but we’re still getting back some speed tests (a test we can run on our website to see how fast everything is loading on different platforms, with different files, etc.) we’re analyzing and trying to make improvements upon.Thanks for your patience and support and love and comments–it means so much to us.
Other fun things this week!
• I feel like I’m not very good at buying little things; the styling finishing touches that really make a room–I struggle with that. I have no problem saving up and spending money on a new chair or rug or art–something I know will make a big impact in a room. However, when it comes down to it, it’s hard for me to drop money on an accessory. But the more I look at the rooms I love, the more I realize–you don’t need a ton. Just a few good pieces. So, I’m giving myself a small monthly budget to get some accessories. This month, I spent $30 and got this trio of wooden vase sculptures. Love them!
• I almost only buy cheap, Target sunglasses, but I recently bought these reasonably priced sunnies and I can’t believe how many compliments I get on them! Plus, they are so lightweight my eyes feel relaxed.
• This article really resonated with me when I came across it a few weeks ago, shortly after we recorded our podcast about becoming professional bloggers. It sums up so much about what it takes to follow your dreams or to work for yourself–which includes saying “no” to a lot of other alternatives.
• I want to live here. (And I’ll take all her rugs, too.) Plus, such a beautiful example of dark floors, right?! I feel like we haven’t seen those very much recently.
• Lastly, there are so many amazing sales to be had this weekend for the 4th. I’ve been sharing them as I see them in my Instagram stories–so be sure to check there periodically. This beautiful, high-quality dining table was (is?) literally half off and many of our followers were able to snag it.
Yesterday, I shared that Urban Outfitters is having an insane sale as well–an additional 30% off sale items, making many prices 60-70% off. Here’s the deal though, the actual sale doesn’t actually start until the 4th, but they are giving early access to their rewards members. That literally just means, you give them your email and birthday. Chris did it. I did it. It’s 100% worth it. Especially since a lot of the pieces I linked to yesterday have already sold out. BUT! Here’s a few of my favorite pieces that are on crazy sale and still available. The price will automatically go down EVEN MORE when you put it in your cart–which is worth a few extra fireworks this weekend.
Happy LAST DAY OF JUNE! (How did that happen!?)
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home