We’ve been dreaming of purchasing a small cabin in the mountains for over two years now and for the last 9 months, we have been actively looking at properties. Our ideal is something on the small and cozy size that is surrounded by trees, needs a little TLC, has winter access, and one that we could rent out when we’re not using it. This week, we found her. Or we thought we did. It was the perfect size, at just under 1200 square feet. And each of the three bedrooms had windows with trees out every one. Just as we were ready to make an offer, our realtor discovered this cabin couldn’t be rented out due to the area covenants. It’s hard to get so excited about something and then have it not work out. Even now, days later, I’m still naively holding out hope that something will change. But on the other hand, even though it’s hard to imagine now, I know that this means there’s an even better one out there waiting for us. The search continues! In the meantime, if you’re into cabin-y decor (or how we are getting inspired to one day decorate in the style) I’ve been a pinning machine right here…annnddd we might have subscribed to Mountain Living.
More fun things this week!
• What are your favorite kinds of Instagram Stories to follow? @JennyKomenda is tackling a complete home renovation and I love seeing all the progress–even if we’re only in the demo phase right now. I also strangely love it when someone goes into a Target or Container Store or World Market and shows me all the awesome, affordable things to buy–Haha.
• Speaking of InstaStories, I shared a couple days ago that I had cleaned our globe lights in the kitchen–something I do quarterly. I had so many messages about how I do it–and it’s so easy. It takes, literally, 5 minutes. I just remove the glass globes, wash them with regular dish soap and water, dry them inside and then out with a non-shedding dish towel and put them back up. I used to try to do it with glass cleaner and a variety of other products, but dish soap and water works the best and is so effective and easy.
• The Keepers premieres on Netflix today! There has been quite a bit of hype surrounding it, calling it the next “Making a Murderer”–which we devoured. Are you gonna watch it?
• This skirt is the perfect length, so soft and stretchy and can be dressed up or down. Bottom line, it’s going to get me through the summer!
• With the completion of the nursery, we realized we have officially tackled so many kinds of bedrooms in our house over the last year–the girls’ room, the guest room, the master bedroom and the nursery. Each was tackled with a different age in mind, but all with the same purpose–sleep! We’re sharing our Tips for creating Sleep-Inducing Environments for Everyone in the House right here.
• Don’t miss the giveaway we’re running over on Instagram for a sweet “welcome home” box full of goodies! It closes Sunday!