Can you spot the ghost in that photo?? (Haha)
This week has been so filled, it’s hard to know where to start. There have been some low points, like when we learned Greta was effectively deaf…again. We’ve been through this with her poor little ears when she was two, and unfortunately, although it’s something a lot of kids grow out of, we’re back here again at age six. She’s going to get tubes in (again!) and tonsils and adenoids out in a couple weeks and we’re hopeful that will clear up the issue for good. Chris had the chance to go in the sound booth to hear what she is hearing, and was heartbroken when he couldn’t hear a thing. Although, in a way, it also made a lot of light bulbs go off.
Of course, there have been some high moments, too. We have been working on 4 pretty big things behind the scenes and they’re all pinch-me-projects. We hope to reveal at least two next week and I can barely wait. We also got notified that we were nominated in the House & Home category for a Shorty Award, awards honoring the best of social media. There are some mega names nominated, like, I don’t know, Cher! But even in our own category, we’re up against 11 people we love, fan-girl, and look up to, like Grace Bonney and um, the Property Brothers! It’s an honor. And if you’d like to vote for us, we’d love that. You can vote once a day, right here.
More fun things this week!
• I’ll be speaking (and hanging out and dancing) at this Soulphoria event February 23rd. If you’re local, I’d love to see you! You can purchase a ticket here (they’re currently 15% off with code earlybird).
• Urban Outfitters is having a major home sale and everything is on sale. 20% off all bedding (Including this pretty coverlet (see below) we used in the guest room. We also got the pillowcases for our master bedroom from UO–they have a great selection!). $100 off all sofas (I’m obsessed with this one). And 20% off everything else. They have great, inexpensive rugs, art, and decor. Definitely worth checking out.
• I am loving seeing Daniel’s room come together. He does such meticulous, miracle-type of work that’s always worth any wait.
• I love the look of a baseball cap on women, but I’m not very into sports so I don’t have a team–and it’s weird to wear an LA hat just for looks, right?! Then, I found this one–-perfect.
• The White House’s Zestimate. Do you ever look up your own address to see how its value has fluctuated over the years? From the looks of it, our home’s value peaked in the beginning of 2010 and then dipped pretty big–which makes me wonder, maybe the housing crash effected this area differently?
• Oh Corinne, Hilarious!
Hope you all have a fun, relaxing or productive (you choose!) weekend. I’m finalizing a plan for the girls’ bathroom while Chris paints the storage room.
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home