Can you spot the ghost in that photo?? (Haha)
This week has been so filled, it’s hard to know where to start. There have been some low points, like when we learned Greta was effectively deaf…again. We’ve been through this with her poor little ears when she was two, and unfortunately, although it’s something a lot of kids grow out of, we’re back here again at age six. She’s going to get tubes in (again!) and tonsils and adenoids out in a couple weeks and we’re hopeful that will clear up the issue for good. Chris had the chance to go in the sound booth to hear what she is hearing, and was heartbroken when he couldn’t hear a thing. Although, in a way, it also made a lot of light bulbs go off.
Of course, there have been some high moments, too. We have been working on 4 pretty big things behind the scenes and they’re all pinch-me-projects. We hope to reveal at least two next week and I can barely wait. We also got notified that we were nominated in the House & Home category for a Shorty Award, awards honoring the best of social media. There are some mega names nominated, like, I don’t know, Cher! But even in our own category, we’re up against 11 people we love, fan-girl, and look up to, like Grace Bonney and um, the Property Brothers! It’s an honor. And if you’d like to vote for us, we’d love that. You can vote once a day, right here.
More fun things this week!
• I’ll be speaking (and hanging out and dancing) at this Soulphoria event February 23rd. If you’re local, I’d love to see you! You can purchase a ticket here (they’re currently 15% off with code earlybird).
• Urban Outfitters is having a major home sale and everything is on sale. 20% off all bedding (Including this pretty coverlet (see below) we used in the guest room. We also got the pillowcases for our master bedroom from UO–they have a great selection!). $100 off all sofas (I’m obsessed with this one). And 20% off everything else. They have great, inexpensive rugs, art, and decor. Definitely worth checking out.
• I am loving seeing Daniel’s room come together. He does such meticulous, miracle-type of work that’s always worth any wait.
• I love the look of a baseball cap on women, but I’m not very into sports so I don’t have a team–and it’s weird to wear an LA hat just for looks, right?! Then, I found this one–-perfect.
• The White House’s Zestimate. Do you ever look up your own address to see how its value has fluctuated over the years? From the looks of it, our home’s value peaked in the beginning of 2010 and then dipped pretty big–which makes me wonder, maybe the housing crash effected this area differently?
• Oh Corinne, Hilarious!
Hope you all have a fun, relaxing or productive (you choose!) weekend. I’m finalizing a plan for the girls’ bathroom while Chris paints the storage room.